Foods & Dry Goods
Natural Foods and (Edible) Dry Goods
Although Aviva is not a health food store as such, it does feature a wide variety of items one might expect to find at one, which have been organized into the following sub-categories (although not all of them are shown or are available online, due to shipping considerations (particularly during winter) and/or continual availability:
* Baking - this section currently includes baking soda, powder, cocoa paste, and gelatin mold mixes, plus a few items to assist with baking, such as rolling pins and dough rising bowls.,
* Breakfast - here you'll find a variety of healthy breakfast options, such as oatmeal, mixed grain pancake or waffle mixes, a flaxseed enhancer for other cereals, and cereals made from special blends of those or other seeds or grains such as chia.
* Coffee & Coffee Substitutes - we have a limited selection of actual coffee, coffee substitutes such as Bambu, and even rich hot chocolate.
* Drinks - this category mostly consists of organic juices, often of very healthy types of fruits that are fairly exotic for North Americans, such as Acai or Noni.
* Grains / Flours - a variety of mostly organic alternatives to wheat are available for baking or thickening with, such as oats, spelt, or even coconut, plus some sprouted whole wheat and a blends of many sprouted types of grains or seeds.
* Mints / Chewing Gum - people who suffer from dry mouth, or who fly, or who want to aid with digestion or weight loss may want items to chew or suck on but without sugar (whether for oral or other health reasons), so we offer some of these products sweetened with alternatives such as stevia or xylitol, instead.
* Natural Sweeteners - if you're looking for alternatives to regular table sugar from sugar beets or sugar cane, usually with a much lower glycemic index or calorie count, you've come to the right place: here you can find sweeteners in a variety of formats (such as liquids or individual serving powdered packets) made from Honey, Stevia, Xylitol, Coconut, Lucuma, Monk Fruit, and a variety of other types of ingredients.
* Oils - quality oils can be foundation of so many dishes, whether as their sauce or dressing, or as the means of cooking them, or for their fat content to give it more flavour and body; we offer a variety of options, including olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, pumpkin seed oil, sesame seed oil, and clarified butter/ghee.
* Seasonings / Condiments - sometimes it's this final step which will make the big difference as to whether you or your family will stay on board with healthy eating: the food's taste, but for too many of us, the biggest determinant of that has been salt, which can be harmful in excess. We carry a number of flavourful low- or no-sodium seasonings, marinades, and vinaigrettes, as well as some types of salt which you can use less of for more punch and which provide more minerals.
* Seed, Nut & Fruit Products - this section includes not only the traditional nuts you'd expect such as almonds and cashews, in organic form, but also many less common types of nuts and seeds, plus some 'superfood' seed products such as quinoa and chia, as well as some organic peanut, almond, or hazelnut butters, plus a variety of Dried Berries and Fruits and even some Hemp Seed Products.
* Snacks (including Bars) - whether you want to indulge your sweet tooth, or you're away from home or trapped at your desk and need a quick pick me up, or are seeking a snack without gluten or some other particular ingredients, you may find just what you need in a pinch, here.
* Sprouting & Seeds - probably the best way to ensure you are getting absolutely fresh, pure ingredients is to grow and harvest them yourself! We offer a variety of seeds for nutritious sprouting plants such as alfalfa, lentils, mung beans, and radishes, as well as a number of sprouting kits (some using clay pots, some galvanized metal planters) or germinators so that you can grow garnishes for your salads and sandwiches all year round indoors, or get your kids more interested in Nature and natural agriculture, too.
* Tea Products - here we feature not only some items for helping to prepare or serve tea, as well as dozens of varieties of tea (often both in individual tea bags and in bulk or loose form, including both quite a number of Green Teas (which contain caffeine), and a considerable number of Herbal Teas (which don't).)
|Item Name||Qty||Total Price|
|Your cart is empty!|