All the healthy benefits of sitting on a ball, with the mobility and stability of a task chair. This is a multipurpose chair with one purpose: improving your posture. For those who spend long hours in an office it important to choose a well designed chair to assist in improved spinal health. The Aviva Ball Chair will help to reduce neck, back and shoulder pain and improve your posture.
Includes chair base, removable exercise/yoga ball (eco-friendly PVC, ~52cm, adjustable smaller/larger), exclusive wheels, support bar, height extenders, air pump and manual with exercise guide.
Use of height extensions is recommended for taller users or for use at higher desks (extensions are included -- but replacement sets are sold separately). Supports up to 300 lbs. Download the Aviva Ball Chair manual [PDF ~1.7 MB] and information sheet [PDF ~80k]. Please note these documents show a similar model of this chair with an adjustable back which is no longer available.
* I ordered this chair on a Friday and had it by Tuesday! And what a blessing that was because my regular office chair was causing my legs to swell. The ball chair has completely remedied the problem, and I am able to go through my day pain-free! -- R. Schofield, Edmonton AB
* Arrived VERY quickly! I love my chair. -- H. Zinck, Nova Scotia
* Was pleasantly surprised ... seating is very good and fits comfortably for back ... love it. -- S. Byerley, Thunder Bay, ON
* I love my chair and when I get bored at work I can bounce the ball :) -- T. Banda, Hamilton, Ontario
* I started a new job and was extremely uncomfortable with the office chairs they provided - I tried several. Although I did put a larger ball on the stand (I'm quite tall), I love this ball chair, its the most comfortable I've been yet and I sit at my desk for 8 hours. Its easy to adapt to and makes me keep an upright posture. --Windermere
* Great idea!!!! Very pleased with the chair. I suffer with back problems and sometimes find it very difficult to sit for long periods of time at the computer in an ordinary office chair. It seemed to put alot of pressure on my spine. Now, when I use the Aviva Fitness Ball Chair, I can sit for longer periods, no pressure on my spine at all and can do little stretches as needed while sitting on the chair. -- Linda
Fitness/balance ball chairs may help improve stability and balance without the negative effects often associated with traditional office chairs. 1-year warranty on frame, 90-day warranty on ball. Includes pump for inflating ball. This ball chair can support up to 300 lbs.
Please note that a somewhat similar model exercise ball chair is known in other markets as the Gaiam Balanceball chair, however this product does not have the protective lock-on castor wheels found on the Aviva Ball Chair.
The Aviva Fitness Ball Chair helps strengthen core (abdominal) and back muscles, and the gentle bouncing motion assists in lymph drainage, similar to bouncing on a rebounder. The Aviva Ball Chair can help keep stiff back muscles from locking and going into spasm as it helps improve intervertebral disk circulation.
The Aviva Fitness Ball Chair can be used anywhere in your home or office, or anywhere you sit. This chair fits the Aviva concept of integrating healthy products into your lifestyle. You have to sit, so why not sit on a chair that enhances your health and wellness?
Unique Wheels For Better Floor Protection, Increased Stability and Safety
Aviva is excited to offer our new polyurethane coated, weight activated "lock-on" castor wheels with all Aviva Fitness Ball Chairs. Specially designed to be safe for use on all floor surfaces including carpet, hardwood, linoleum and the new laminates, these new, super smooth rolling state of the art castor wheels automatically lock the chair in place when weight is placed on the chair. When you lift up slightly, the chair can be easily moved. This increases the safety of the chair, as it remains in position while you are seated, or when the chair is used for exercise. For those who require them, traditional manual locking wheels are also available (sold separately).