In some markets, the same formulation is sold as Agrisept-L and CitriCare.
It might be more difficult to find something you can't use Agrumax for. Just around the house, Agrumax can be used as an all-purpose cleaner, disinfectant, or an effective way to rinse fruits, veggies, meats, poultry and fish.
When it comes to health, however, is where Agrumax really wows. Containing a pure citrus extract, Agrumax's active ingredients include limonene, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, and flavonoids. Agrumax can work as an antiseptic, antioxidant, and even may assist those with arthritis and rheumatics.
Additionally, Agrumax can be used to relax the intestines. If you suffer from ulcers or diarrhea, this incredible extract may aid digestion and soothe the gastrointestinal tract. Not only that, it can be applied to the face to help in the prevention of acne, soothe bug bites and athlete's foot, and may even aid those with dandruff problems.
Having no known toxicity or side effects, Agrumax is good for the whole family. It must be diluted before use, so add a few drops to a glass of water or juice and enjoy!
Technical Product Information - Bioxem/Boiron/Nutri-Diem - Ecological Microbiostatic and Antioxidant
Organic ecological compounds ... 50.0 % b/w
-Ascorbic Acid and Ascorbates (vitamin C), with high level of Bioavailability, linked with Citrus Bioflavonoids (vitamin P) ... 4.0 to 7.2%
- Hydrated glycerin linked with other traces of Citrus Polyphenols, Carbohydrates, Bio-flavoproteins, Pectin, Citrus Sugars, Citric Acid, Citric Salts and Biomass ... 30.8 to 36.6%
- Water from constitution and crystallization ... 6.0 to 11.0%
- Stabilizer and Inert carrier ... 50.0 % b/w
TOTAL ... 100.0%
Raw Materials: Citrus Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi), Citrus Bergamot (Citrus aurantium), Citrus Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis), Citrus Tangerine (Citrus reticulata), Organic Acids, Vegetal Glycerine.
Bacteriostatic and funistatic spectrum of Agrumax
The extended microbiostatic action of Agrumax is also a result of the synergism between Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Citrus Bioflavonoids (vitamin P), and the other organic acids contained in Agrumax. The Antioxidantaction of Agrumax is also a result of the synergism between Ascorbic Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids and Citric Acid. This Antioxidant action has powerful Beneficial Residual Antioxidant Action and Free Radical Scavengers.
- Appearance and aspect: Crystalline viscous liquid.
- Organoleptic characteristics:
- Taste: Bitter Acid and Astringent (Citrus Bioflavonoids)
- Odour: Agreeable (light citrus smell)
- Colour: Crystalline honey appearance, which with aging darkens, but doesn't affect its efficacy.
- Density (g/ml at 25 C): 1,160 (± 5%).
- pH (10% dilution at 25 C): 2.75 (± 15%).
- Acidity (quantity of product mg neutralized by 1 ml of NaOH 1N): 1300 (± 15%).
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) and Citrus Bioflavonoids (Vitamin P) - Synergistic Association: 56,000 ppm (± 25%).
- Naringin (Citrus Bioflavonoid from Grapefruit): 6500 ppm minimum.
- Nitrogen (Kjeldahl Method): 0.62% (± 15%).
- Solubility: 100% in water, alcohol and glycerin.
- Corrositivity: At 2000 ppm it is similar to potable water.
- pH for use in mixing: Better with products within the pH range 3.0 to 9.0
- Expiration: Three (3) years after manufacturing date.
- Stability: Very stable at normal temperatures (4 C to 40 C): but over 120 C its stability is reduced. Incompatible with anionic products. Very stable under light. Hard water (with lots of Ca, Mg) can reduce its efficacy.
The Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) from Agrumax is very special, because the chemical linked with Citrus Bioflavonoids (Vitamin P) increases and improves its bioavailability and works due to its powerful synergism and excellent stability at lower concentrations (ppm). Vitamin C is a very important vitamin for humans, animals and vegetables. Ascorbic acid is widely distributed in the plant and animal kingdom. Good sources include Citrus Fruits, hip berries, acerola, fresh tea leaves, etc. Ascorbic acid is used as an antimicrobial and antioxidant in foodstuffs, animal feed and vegetables. Ascorbic acid participates in redox (reduction and oxidation) processes, being reversibly converted into dehydro-ascorbic acid with the release of hydrogen. The high reducing power of ascorbic acid gives it the character of a stabilizer towards readily oxidizable substances (e.g. adrenalin). Important metabolism relationships exist between Vitamin C and other vitamins and enzymes, and manifest themselves in different actions (e.g. synergism or inhibition). The anti-infectious activity that is based in particular on the inactivation of toxins, is possibly connected with these reactions.
Due to its powerful reducing action, ascorbic acid is capable of substantially destroying the nitrites and nitrosating nitric oxide compounds widely found in foodstuffs, in drinking water in animal feed and in the atmosphere and can thus restrict or prevent both endogenously and exogenously, the formation of the highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.
Please note that a related product called Bioxem AGRUMAX-20 used in agriculture, animal nutrition and disinfection has been discontinued and is no longer available.