Info: Model BJE430; Available either New or Refurbished
The Juice Fountain Cold from Breville enables you to make up to 2 litres (70 fl oz) at a time, very quickly, and you can put the Seal and Store Juice jug it's dispensed into directly in your fridge, where its sealed lid can keep the juice fresh for up to 3 days. (Or you can pour it into smaller, single serving glass canning jars, for people to take with them).
Hopefully you've come to appreciate the great taste and health benefits of fresh, cold-pressed juice, by now, but wish you didn't have to take the time to prepare it and clean up after, each and every day. Or perhaps you have large household, with different schedules, and again, it seems someone is always getting the short end of the stick and has to clean the juicer and start all over again when the first batch is gone.
With the The Juice Fountain Cold, it only takes 30 seconds to both prep the fruit and extract the juice, on average -- far less time than even high speed blenders, especially since in many cases, the whole vegetable or fruit can be put into the chute without needing to be cut up (just wash it, first).
Please note that all units bearing a refurbished title have been repaired, thoroughly inspected and tested before resale. Refurbished units have a 6 month Manufacturer's Warranty. For new units, it is a 1 Year limited product warranty.
Due to the large size and weight of this item, the usual free shipping policy within Canada may not apply, depending on your locale; our shipping department will contact you with details before proceeding.
- Wattage: High Torque 850 Watt Motor
- Speeds: 2 speed electronic control -- High Speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables; Low Speed for softer vegetables and fruit.
- Dimensions: 9 in. (D) x 16.5 in. (H) x 16 in. (W)
- Feed Chute Size: Patented 3" (76.2 mm) Whole Fruit Feed Chute, for juicing bigger fruits and vegetables
- Pulp Container Capacity: Extra Large capacity 3.5 qt. (3.4 L) pulp container, so you can juice very large amounts without needing to stop to empty it
- Juice Jug Capacity: Seal & Store 70 fl. oz. (2L) Juice Jug with froth separator
- Juicing Disc Filter: Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made mesh filter, to ensure an insignificant temperature increase -- juice is extracted as cold as from a cold press or masticating slow juicer.
- Safety Features: Overload Protection LED; Safety Locking Arm; Safety lock mechanism prevents unsafe operation
- Additional Features: Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Filter Basket; Stainless Steel Cutters; Large Capacity Pulp Container
- Included Accessories: 2 Litre Juice Jug with Froth Separator; Detachable Spout for juicing directly into glass; Cleaning Brush
- Innovations: Cold Spin Technology, which allows juice to flow up and through the patent pending Elevated Juicing System
- Warranty: 6 month warranty for both parts and labour, through manufacturer. (If a repair or exchange is needed, you call the toll-free number listed in the manual and Breville will inform you where/how to send it.)
You can view or download The Juice Fountain Cold Instruction Book [PDF] manual here, for use and care directions and recipes.
Parts and Features:
A. Food pusher (top shelf dishwasher safe).
B. Interlocking safety arm - stops juicer operating without cover locked into place.
C. Juicer cover (hand wash - not dishwasher safe).
D. Stainless steel filter basket (top shelf dishwasher safe).
E. Pulp container (top shelf dishwasher safe).
F. 2 speed control and off dial.
G. Cord storage - cord wraps around feet and clips into position under base.
H. Filter bowl surround (top shelf dishwasher safe).
I. 2 liter (70 fl oz) juice jug and sealing lid with built in froth separator (not dishwasher safe).
J. Overload Protection LED.
K. Juicing Nozzle (top shelf dishwasher safe); if you do want to produce just a single serving, you can forego the use of the beaker jug and place this nozzle over the juicer's spout, to pour directly into a cup.
Preparation of Fruits and Vegetables:
Trim leaves and wash vegetables to remove earth/soil, including carrots, beet, spinach, etc.
Trim, hull and remove stalks before juicing, including strawberries, apples, pears, etc.
Some vegetables such as cucumbers can be processed unpeeled, depending on the softness of the skin and whether you like the taste of that skin in your juice.
Citrus fruits with thick pith or skin should be peeled before juicing, including oranges, lemons, mandarins, etc.
Fruits with hard or inedible skins should be peeled before juicing, including mangoes, guavas, and melons.
Fruits with hard seeds or pits must be pitted before juicing, including nectarines, peaches, mangoes, plums, cherries, since the skin and pith can make the juice bitter.
A small amount of lemon juice can be added to apple juice to reduce browning.