Info: Model STM-1000C Steamer
S&H included in Canada. This new CookFresh Digital Glass Steamer appliance by Cuisinart makes it easy to cook healthy, and to see it happen. It combines a glass casserole-style cooking dish and matching lid which is large enough to prepare family-sized meals of not only vegetables or rice but chicken or fish and much more, which goes on a base which generates steam and delivers it from the top down, so it surrounds the food and cooks it quickly and evenly, drawing on the water from a removable tank situated behind the cooking tray, which you can easily lift off to fill.
We've probably all heard that it's much better to cook with steam rather than just boiling or frying items, because it maximizes the food's flavour, retains their nutrients, and doesn't add unwanted fats. But many of us don't bother, because those stainless steel steam baskets can be difficult to (keep) clean, and a bit finicky to move around and empty, and it's hard to tell how 'done' things are in stainless steel pots without letting too much how steam out and having to start it all over, and some of us don't like cooking with microwaves, either. Healthy cooking is today's biggest trend, and this new glass steamer from Cuisinart makes it quick and easy.
The overall dimensions of Cuisinart's CookFresh Digital Glass Steamer are 13.25" x 15.5" x 9.5" in Length, Width & Height.
It comes with:
* a transparent Glass Lid with Stainless Steel Rim, which enables you to monitor the cooking progress, and features two release vents;
* a Reversible Stainless Steel Steaming Tray, which elevates food for even steaming, accommodates various food shapes and sizes, and has side bars prevent small items from falling off;
* a Large 5L Glass Steaming Pot, which retains flavour and nutrients; and,
* a Removable Water Reservoir, whose large 1-Liter capacity enables you to steam complete meals without needing refilling...
which are all shown here in place (and which are all available as replacement accessories, if they get accidentally get lost or broken).
Other Cuisinart Steamer Features:
* 1875 watt heater generates powerful steam in just 30 seconds
* Control Panel with interactive digital controls, adjustable preset functions (for Vegetables, Poultry, Seafood, and Grains), and an easy to read backlit LCD screen, which displays selected function, steaming time, and if it's time to "Add water"
* an Audible Alert which signals you when the steam cycle has ended and when the water reservoir needs to be refilled
* a button-operated Pause function, in case you want to add, move, or remove some contents during a steaming cycle, which will pause the steam flow before you remove the lid, and pause the timer, then press the button again to resume steaming.
* a convenient Reheat function to bring cooled items up to serving temperature, while restoring their moisture, texture and flavour
* a 25-page Instruction and Recipe Booklet/Manual (which is also available as a pdf), which includes several pages of tables with the suggested time, preset function, and preparation method (e.g., whether to cut, rinse, or scrub the item first) for a given amount of dozens of types of food
* a Limited 3-Year Warranty.
Wash all parts except the steamer base in warm, soapy water; rinse and dry thoroughly. The steaming pot, tray and lid can also be cleaned on the top rack of a dishwasher.