Questions? We're here to help. Health advisors on staff. Call us toll-free at (866) 947-6789.

Ecoideas - Organic Gelatinized Maca

Ecoideas - Organic Gelatinized Maca

Regular price
$19.99
Sale price
$19.99

Info: Available in 227 or 454 grams of Powder in Resealable Bag

Maca is a long-living nutrient-dense root tuber like a sweet potato (which is also a perennial, in warmer climates) native to Peru, where it grows in harsh weather conditions at high altitudes in the Andes.

Info: Available in 227 or 454 grams of Powder in Resealable Bag

Maca is a long-living nutrient-dense root tuber like a sweet potato (which is also a perennial, in warmer climates) native to Peru, where it grows in harsh weather conditions at high altitudes in the Andes.

Product Notes:

As a food, maca contains fibre, and nutritional value as a source of iron, calcium, and Vitamin C, among other things. But it also goes by the name "Peruvian ginseng," and some find that it has an energizing effect or that it can enhance endurance.

There are several varieties of maca, named after the different colours of their roots, which may have different characteristic effects produced by the over 55 naturally occurring, beneficial phyto-chemicals among them. This product is a superfood blend of the three major colours, in a ratio of 70% yellow, and the remaining 30% being a mixture of red and black roots.

This type has been gelatinized rather than left raw, to make it easier to digest and absorb. Regular maca contains a lot of long chain starches which can be difficult to digest when it is consumed raw. So to make them more readily absorbable, these maca roots have a quick application of moderate heat (below 100C) carried out in steam pressure generating equipment (for just seconds – not enough to degrade their nutritional components). This ruptures the starch chains (rendering them into jelly). The roots are then crushed into small particles, before being dried in a wind tunnel to dehydrate them. This powdered form is also more soluble and can be mixed into foods or beverages easier than non-gelatinized maca powders.

Ecoideas is committed to sustainable, organic agriculture. They visit the farms and meet the farmers they deal with, to ensure ethical trade practices and sustainability.

Ingredients:

Organic Gelatinized Maca Root Powder Blend (Lepidium meyenii), including Yellow, Red and Black maca.

Also certified Vegan, Kosher, Gluten Free, and GMO Free.

Suggested Usage:

Take 1 teaspoon daily – whether in milk or a smoothie; or sprinkled on yogurt, cereal, or a fruit salad; or blended into hot beverages, homemade chocolate, or granola bars.

Store in a cool, dry place, away from heat or light.


Product Options:
227 grams - $19.99 - UPC: 875405001507
454 grams - $39.99 - UPC: 875405001514