Info: 60 Veg. Capsules; Shelf Stable
Rather than relying on a single avenue to tackle a multi-faceted issue, this doctor-formulated supplement takes a three-fold, synergistic approach to supporting mood, promoting relaxation, and helping manage chronic stress. It combines Ashwagandha, an organic fruit blend to support brain health, and a 16 strain Probiotic blend.
Garden of Life - Dr. Formulated Mood+ contains:
(1) a well-studied adaptogenic herb (Ashwagandha) from Ayurvedic medicine to help restore balance, whose effects can include supporting a healthy stress response, mood, memory, and better sleep;
(2) strong antioxidant support from an organic fruit blend featuring AuroraBlue wild Alaskan Blueberries, to support brain health and a positive mood by reducing inflammation, fighting stress-related free radicals, aiding the production of dopamine, and/or increasing natural killer (NK) cell counts; and,
(3) a 16 strain Probiotic blend (in a 4:1 Lacto- to Bifido- bacteria ratio), with supportive prebiotic fiber from premium Organic Acacia. Scientific research is increasingly recognizing how gut bacteria can influence our state of mind, both by helping create neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine and also by regulating inflammation levels with chemical messengers called cytokines, which are significantly involved in our mood and perceptions of the world. This particular formulation features two strains (L. helveticus R0052 & B. longum R0175) which ground-breaking clinical studies showed could lead to a dramatic reduction in subjects' psychological stress level and lower levels of the "stress hormone" cortisol, compared to the placebo group.
Formulated by Dr. David Perlmutter, an Expert in the Human Microbiome. Health Canada Natural Product Number: 80065733.
There is also another version of this product available in-store, which needs to be refrigerated (UPC 658010120166).
Chen L, Xin X, Yuan Q, Su D, Liu W."Phytochemical properties and antioxidant capacities of various colored berries." J Sci Food Agric 2014 Jan 30;94(2):180-8. doi: 101002/jsfa6216
Dinan TG, Stanton C, Cryan JF. "Psychobiotics: a novel class of psychotropic." Biol Psychiatry. 2013 Nov 15;74(10):720-6. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2013.05.001.
Ingredients:Each capsule contains:
150 mg Organic Ashwagandha Root Extract (Withania somnifera) (10-15 : 1; 1,500 - 2,250 mg dried equivalent) (5% Withanolides)
25 Billion CFU Probiotic Blend, consisting of:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14): 6.5 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115): 13.0 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (Lb-87): 0.01 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus helveticus (R0052): 1.49 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus brevis (Lbr-35): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus casei (LC-11): 0.15 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus gasseri (Lg-36): 0.05 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37): 0.92 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HN001): 0.22 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus salivarius (LS-33): 0.07 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (R0175): 0.06 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06): 0.04 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03): 0.11 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (Bi-26): 2.25 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis (Bl-04): 0.02 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (Bl-05): 0.04 Billion CFU
23.8 mg Organic Fruit blend, of:
Organic Alaska/Oval-leaf Blueberry (Vaccinium alaskaense) (fruit), Organic Bog Bilberry (Vaccinium uliginosum) (fruit), Organic Dwarf Bilberry (Vaccinium caespitosum) (fruit).
Non-medicinal ingredients: Organic acacia gum, organic potato starch (tuber), non-GMO vegetable pullulan (capsule).
CFU = Colony Forming Units
Made with 85% organic ingredients. Contains no carriers, fillers, artificial colours or flavours.
Suggested Usage:Adults: Take 2 capsules once daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Take at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking any antibiotics. The company's U.S. page and bottles also mention you can take it either with or without food, and that you can open the capsules and add their contents to water or raw juices.
Keep refrigerated, if you bought the type packaged in a glass bottle in store; or keep tightly sealed, if it is the shelf-stable variety in the special bottle with the patented molded desiccant and moisture barrier.
Warnings:Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment). Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding; or if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain; or if you have benign prostate hypertrophy and/or prostate cancer. Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. If symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner.
May contain traces of soy and milk (used in probiotics fermentation process).