Info: 30 Veg. Capsules; Shelf Stable
A healthy balance of "friendly" bacteria in our gastro-intestinal tract isn't only needed for proper digestion, but also to nourish our immune system and ward off various types of infections, and even to produce the neurochemicals required for brain function (both mother's and child's). This doctor-formulated probiotic provides a combination of 16 different strains totaling 20 billion beneficial microorganisms along with plenty of prebiotic fibre to sustain them in a ratio tailored to supporting women's needs to stay healthy while pregnant or nursing.
Garden of Life's Dr. Formulated Once Daily Prenatal probiotics are in a convenient soft capsule, which you can either just swallow normally with a sip of water, or open up and pour its contents into a glass of water or raw juice, if preferred. They come a special container which keeps the probiotics viable without requiring any refrigeration.
This is part of a whole line of probiotics which have been formulated by Dr. David Perlmutter, who is an expert in the Human Microbiome, using clinically studied strains which have been tested for having good resistance to the bile salts acid in the stomach, so that they can pass through to the intestines without needing an enteric-coated tablet.
The Canadian product label differs slightly from the one shown.
Each capsule contains:
20 Billion CFU Probiotic Blend for Women, consisting of:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32): 7.27 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HN001): 3.82 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14): 1.45 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115): 1.09 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37): 0.61 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus brevis (Lbr-35): 0.12 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (Lb-87): 0.03 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus casei (Lc-11): 0.18 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus gasseri (Lg-36): 0.18 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus reuteri (UALR-16): 0.07 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33): 0.18 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium Iongum subsp. longum (Bl-05): 1.14 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium Iongum subsp. infantis (Bi-26): 0.45 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06): 0.45 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03): 1.14 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (Bl-04): 1.82 Billion CFU
CFU = Colony Forming Units
Non-medicinal ingredients: Organic acacia gum, organic potato starch (tuber), non-GMO vegetable hypromellose (capsule).
Contains no carriers, fillers, artificial colours or flavours.
Pregnant or Nursing Women: Take 1 capsule daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Keep tightly sealed, to enable the patented desiccant and moisture barrier molded into the bottle itself to protect the contents from moisture (which is the main factor reducing the lifespan of probiotics, not temperature per se).
Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment). Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain. If symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner.
Health Canada Natural Product Number: 80080222.