Info: 60 Veg. Capsules; Shelf Stable
Garden of Life's Dr. Formulated Prostate+ features Flowens, a clinically studied form of organically grown cranberries which has been shown to be able to support normal urine flow, plus a 15-strain probiotic along with a premium Organic Acacia prebiotic fiber to support them, and a whole food source of vitamin D3 (which might be able to help prevent urinary tract infections). In addition to helping the digestive system, probiotics may help with prostate issues by helping reduce inflammation, strengthening the immune system, and functioning as natural antibiotics in their own right.
Once we reach our mid-40s, many men are subject to a cluster of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) such as weak flow, incomplete emptying/voiding, and the frequent need to go, both during the day and seemingly especially at night, often due to the condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), or the enlargement of the prostate gland. This new Doctor Formulated product is designed to help with all those problems, and more.
Health Canada Natural Product Number: 80067456. Formulated by Dr. David Perlmutter, an Expert in the Human Microbiome.
There is also another version of this product available in-store, which needs to be refrigerated (UPC 658010120234).
* See: Vidlar A, Student V Jr, Vostalova J, Fromentin E, Roller M, Simanek V, Student V. "Cranberry fruit powder (Flowens™) improves lower urinary tract symptoms in men: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study." World J Urol. 2016 Mar;34(3):419-24. doi: 10.1007/s00345-015-1611-7.
** See: Jorde R, Sollid ST, Svartberg J, Joakimsen RM, Grimnes G, Hutchinson MY. "Prevention of urinary tract infections with vitamin D supplementation 20,000 IU per week for five years. Results from an RCT including 511 subjects." Infect Dis (Lond). 2016 Nov-Dec;48(11-12):823-8. doi: 10.1080/23744235.2016.1201853.
Ingredients:Each capsule contains:
250 mg Organic FLOWENS Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon, Fruit)
12.5 mcg / 500 IU Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
25 Billion CFU Probiotic Blend, consisting of:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14): 2.5 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus gasseri (Lg-36): 0.6 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115): 11 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (Lb-87): 0.025 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus brevis (Lbr-35): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus casei (LC-11): 0.8 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37): 0.2 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HN001): 4.5 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus salivarius (LS-33): 0.15 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (Bl-04): 4.6 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis (Bi-26): 0.025 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03): 0.05 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (Bl-05): 0.05 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (Bl-07): 0.2 Billion CFU
CFU = Colony Forming Units
Non-medicinal ingredients: Organic acacia gum, organic potato starch (tuber), non-GMO vegetable pullulan (capsule). Made with 71% organic ingredients.
Vegetarian. Dairy free, soy free, gluten free. Contains no carriers, fillers, artificial colours or flavours.
Suggested Usage:Adults: Take 2 capsules once daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Take at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking any antibiotics.
Keep refrigerated, if you bought the type packaged in a glass bottle in store; or keep tightly sealed, if it is the shelf-stable variety in the special bottle with the patented molded desiccant and moisture barrier.
Warnings:Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment). Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain; or if you are taking blood thinners; or if you have a history of kidney stones. If symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner. If LUTS or symptoms associated with BPH persist or worsen, consult a healthcare practitioner.