Info: 60 Veg. Capsules - Shelf Stable
This formulation combines three different types of natural supplements which each have years of either research or tradition behind them indicating they can help lower the rate of recurrence of urinary tract infections (UTIs) Vitamin D can help fight infections by increasing the production of antimicrobial peptides. Organic whole cranberry extract may be able to inhibit pathogens such as E. coli from adhering to the tissues lining the urinary tract. This Dr. Formulated Urinary Tract+ formula also contains a 50 billion CFU, multi-strain probiotic.
Probiotics may help with UTIs for at least two reasons -- delivering digestive support, which aids the immune system by making more nutrients available to it; and bolstering the population of Lactobacillus in the vagina, which can make it less likely for harmful bacteria to take root when they are flourishing, but which can get depleted, especially after antibiotics have been taken.
Formulated by Dr. David Perlmutter, an Expert in the Human Microbiome. Canadian product label may not be quite as shown.
There is also another version of this product available in-store, which needs to be refrigerated (UPC 658010120227).
Each capsule contains:
250 mg Organic Pacran® Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon 50:1 Fruit Extract, DHE: 12.5g Fresh)
12.5 mcg / 500 IU Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
25 Billion CFU Probiotic Blend, consisting of:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14): 2.0 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus gasseri (Lg-36): 0.22 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus reuteri (UALR-16): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (NCFM): 0.2 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115): 14.9 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (Lb-87): 0.025 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus brevis (Lbr-35): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus casei (LC-11): 0.34 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37): 3.4 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HN001): 1.1 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus salivarius (LS-33): 0.15 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (Bl-04): 2.2 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis (Bi-26): 0.03 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06): 0.05 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03): 0.15 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (Bl-05): 0.05 Billion CFU
CFU = Colony Forming Units
Non-medicinal ingredients: Organic acacia gum, organic potato starch (tuber), non-GMO vegetable pullulan (capsule). Made with 71% organic ingredients.
Vegetarian. Dairy free, soy free, gluten free. Contains no carriers, fillers, artificial colours or flavours.
Adults: Take 2 capsules once daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Take at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking any antibiotics.
Keep refrigerated, if you bought the type packaged in a glass bottle in store; or keep tightly sealed, if it is the shelf-stable variety in the special bottle with the patented molded desiccant and moisture barrier.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment). Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain; or if you are taking blood thinners; or if you have a history of kidney stones. If symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner.
For Recurrent UTI: Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Health Canada Natural Product Number: 80067465.