Info: Several Types & Sizes Available
Herbs of Kedem is an Israeli company which uses herbal ingredients and aromatic oils in their personal care products -- many of them from organically grown plants. Herbs of Kedem's natural Facial Care Collection includes their Meshi Serum, Tsukim Balm, and Tishrei Mask.
Herbs of Kedem's Nourishing and Regenerating Meshi Serum is a good replacement for typical day or night creams which contain preservatives which may interfere with the skin's normal regeneration and moisture balance. Meshi provides a mixture of oil extracts of various plants providing antioxidant, calming, skin-cell regenerating, and even some natural sunscreen protection properties, for the nourishment, treatment and protection of delicate skin.
Their Tsukim Lifting & Toning Balm also has a unique combination of herbal ingredients providing several benefits: it can hydrate and lift the facial skin, tone the veins and improve circulation, reduce swelling, heal skin tissue, minimize wrinkle formation and the bags or dark circles under the eyes, and it, too provides some sunscreen protection due to its shea butter.
Herbs of Kedem's Tishrei Mask can function as a Regenerating & Exfoliating facial mask, facial peel, or body skin peel.
Meshi Nourishing and Regenerating Serum:
Olive (Olea europaea) oil, Virgin Cold Press Coconut (Cocos nucifera) oil, Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) oil, Sesame (Sesamum indicum) oil, Backhousia citriodora oil, Passiflora incarnata Seed oil, Red Palm (Elaeis guineensis) oil, Citrus medica vulgaris peel oil, Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) extract*, Geranium maculatum extract, Lemongrass (Cymbopogon schoenanthus) oil, Withania somnifera leaf extract*, Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) oil, Cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia) bark oil, Mentha piperita oil*, Lavandula angustifolia oil*, linalool**, citronellol**.
Please note, the Meshi serum has undergone extensive changes, both in formula and in packaging -- and size. The design of the previous bottle (shown here) allowed too much oxygen in, which was leading to spoilage from oxidation (since so little is needed each time that it takes a long time to use up a bottle). Consequently, the company has come out with a new type of ball applicator for it (which comes in a sealing tube, as shown in the main product photo), which has been quite costly to develop and produce, so the price has remained the same.
Tsukim Lifting & Toning Balm (7290006296627): Purely herbal ingredients: Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Buxus chinensis (Jojoba) oil, Cera alba (Beeswax), Artemisia absinthium (Wormwood) extract*, Cupressus sempervirens Cypress oil*, Geranium maculatum extract*, Helichrysum italicum (Everlasting) extract*, Hypericum perforatum (St. John's Wort) extract*, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) oil*, citronellol**, geraniol**, linalool**, limonene**.
Tishrei Regenerating & Exfoliating Mask (7290006296610):
Buxus chinensis (Jojoba) oil extract, Buxus chinensis (Jojoba) oil, Geranium maculatum oil*, Origanum majorana (Marjoram) leaf oil, Zea mays (corn hair) fruit extract*, Helichrysum italicum (Everlasting) extract*, Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel) leaf oil, Anthemis nobilis (Chamomile) extract, Myrtus communis (Myrtle) extract*, linalool**, limonene**.
* = from organic farming in the Judean Desert region
** = Ingredients found in the essential oils, not added separately
Meshi Nourishing and Regenerating Serum:
- Apply a small quantity (try just a drop, or two, for dry skin) daily onto clean skin, without any makeup on, preferably in the evening.
- Not recommended for children under the age of 13, or for adolescents' problematic skin.
- For reddened skin, combine with Maccabim Oil, once a week. For local hyperpigmentation spots, apply Maccabim daily in the evening, following the application of the Meshi serum.
- Some may want to use Meshi Serum as a special facial treatment, just 2 to 3 times a year, for 3 weeks each time.
Tsukim Lifting & Toning Balm:
As an eye or lip cream: Take a small (rice grain size) amount and melt it between your fingers, and apply it directly onto the bags, shadows or circles under the eyes -- but only after using it as a morning cream on other parts of the face or neck for a week, first. Massage the skin around the eyes or lips in a circular motion, twice daily (Morning & Evening).
Tsukim may also be used to address wrinkles on the skin, as either a day or night cream. Apply to freshly cleaned skin, after using a product such as their Meshi Serum to hydrate. It can be applied to the neck and other delicate skin areas as well.
Tishrei Regenerating & Exfoliating Mask: Basic instructions: Spread it onto facial skin, massage gently for about 2 minutes, leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse only with lukewarm water (do not apply soap following the treatment).
This product is not for use by children under the age of 13, and is also not suitable for dry skin or for skin with redness.
You should avoid exposure to the sun for an hour following a peeling treatment.
More detailed instructions:
To prepare the mask, gently open the jar, and slowly stir the contents to remix the oil which may be floating on top with the solid plant material lying beneath. There are three possible modes of use:
1) As a Mask: take a teaspoon full of the mixture, and spread on the facial and neck skin (while avoiding the eyes' contour). Let the oils penetrate the skin for 10 minutes. As it begins to dry and particles are left on the skin, just brush them off and let them fall, using your fingertips. Do not rinse; the oils are part of the skin's nourishment.
2) As a very mild Peel for the facial skin: place a teaspoon full of the mixture in a separate jar, and humidify it, both in the morning (by spraying a floral water such as their BOKER into that separate jar), and in the evening (by spraying a floral water such as their AVIV into that separate jar). Apply with gentle movements, and remove with dry hands. Do not rinse.
3) As a Body skin peel: take a teaspoon full of the mixture, and spread it on rough skin.
For external use only. As with any products containing essential oils, in case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. To test for sensitivity, start by applying a small quantity. In case of abnormal reaction (headaches, persistent redness of the skin, nausea, dizziness) discontinue use.