Info: 13 x 15 in. (33 x 38cm) (3 Sewn Thicknesses)
Part of Edgar Cayce's teachings based on his study of ancient healing techniques are to apply "Palma Christi" or Castor Oil topically on areas like the liver, to help get the blood and lymph fluids moving to promote cleansing and healing. To accomplish that, the Heritage Store offers this pure, natural, unbleached Cotton Flannel soaking cloth to use as a castor oil pack. This richly textured, high quality material has been sewn into three thicknesses (it's triple layered) to enable it to absorb a lot of oil, and it is also quite strong and durable, so it can be washed and reused a great many times.
Of course, applying Castor Oil is not the only possible use of this sewn cotton flannel material: another suggestion is to use it to administer other types of packs and poultices: such as Epsom salts, or Alka-Thyme, grape, mullein, or vinegar and salt.
Castor Oil Pack Directions:
1. Make a pack of appropriate size and saturate with castor oil. (The oil may be preheated or used with either a heating pad or hot water bottle; however, do not use heat if an infection or fever is present or suspected).
2. Position pack over affected area. You may want to wrap an ACE or other type of elastic bandage loosely around the pack and body to hold the pack in place. Cover the pack with a piece of plastic and heating pad, if desired. A towel may be used to help protect bedding.
3. Allow the pack to remain in place for an hour or more. Be sure to avoid falling asleep with heating pad turned on, or use a hot water bottle, instead.
4. After pack is removed, cleanse skin with a solution of baking soda in water (1 teaspoonful to a pint).
5. Store pack in plastic bag or other container in a cool dry place when not in use.
6. Use pack daily or in a regular cycle (e.g. 2 to 3 consecutive days a week) until results are obtained.
This item can be washed normally, as you would other cotton; hang to dry to avoid shrinkage. Although you could likely use it for two or three days in a row without washing in-between as the above instructions suggest, we would recommend washing it after that before putting it back in a bag (lest the oil on it become rancid).