Info: 100 Konjac Sponge, with a Hanging String
Apart from the string attached to enable it to drip dry, this is 100% Konjac: completely biodegradable, and free of colours, dyes, pigments, parabens, chemicals, sulfates, additives, or phthalates. Each round sponge is about 2 inches in diameter and about an inch and a half deep, when dry, but they expand quite a bit when wet.
You're most likely familiar with natural loofah sponges for scrubbing the body or household surfaces, which are made from the fruit of plants. Konjac sponges are somewhat similar, except they're made from a perennial fibrous root which grows in high altitudes in Asia, and they are much softer and gentler on the skin when used wet, and they can also help balance its pH, making them quite suitable for cleaning the face. They can be used to remove makeup and for deep cleansing, and may be of particular interest to those with sensitive skin or rosacea.
Start by using the sponge to clean your face two or three times per week; if your skin responds well, increase to daily use.
1) Soak sponge in warm water for at least five minutes before using.
2) It can then either be used as-is to exfoliate, or with a few drops of your preferred facial cleanser applied directly to the sponge.
3) Splash some warm water onto your face.
4) Massage the face in circular motions with the sponge, concentrating more on dry patches or blackheads (if any).
5) Rinse sponge after each use; squeeze out excess water; and hang to air dry.
Replace every 30 to 45 days. (Please compost the used ones.)