Info: 4 Filter, 6 Stage Water Purification System
Info: 4 Filter, 6 Stage Water Purification System
The Advantage Chloramine Redox is a point-of-use drinking water system designed for areas which treat their water systems with fluoride and chloramine.* It produces great tasting water free of fluoride, chlorine, chloramines, lead, mercury, heavy metals, and contaminants, while maintaining healthy pH (alkalinity) and dissolved minerals..
This water purification system features a horizontally mounted inline 5 micron dirt/rust/sediment filter; dual activated carbon (granulated and carbon block) filtration; 3 pounds of KDF media; bone char fluoride filtration; and a 1 micron catalytic carbon block filter that removes a wide range of contaminants, including both chlorine and chloramines; plus a faucet to install on your counter and the tubing and components needed to install the rest of the unit below the sink. S&H included in Canada.
* (For areas which do not initially treat their water supplies at all, or not enough to ensure that it is microbiologically safe, please consider an OPUS system with NANO in its title.)
The OPUS Advantage Chloramine Redox uses four advanced filtration components to provide six filtration stages using three 10" vertical filters and a horizontally mounted inline filter. Included are: tubing, a beautiful brushed nickel ceramic disk designer faucet, a John Guest quick connect for the faucet, and a John Guest ball valve to allow water shut- off for easy flushing and filter changes.
Included Components and Specifications:
1. Triple filter wall mountable housing designed to be installed either under a sink or in a basement or lower level (additional tubing required for lower level installations).
2. Inline horizontally mounted 5 micron sediment filter. (Water Input - Stage 1)
3. 10" bone char fluoride adsorption filter. (Stage 2)
4. 10" 3 lb KDF media / 0.6 lb granulated activated carbon (GAC) filter. (Stage 3 & 4)
5. 10" 1 micron catalytic carbon chloramine filter that removes bad tastes and odors, chloramines, chlorine, and sediment to 1 micron. (Stage 5 & 6)
6. Quick connects for all ¼" tubing connections, including on the beautiful brushed nickel ceramic disk designer faucet.
7. Two 5 foot lengths of flexible LLDPE 1/4" BPA free tubing - one blue, and one red. Red is used to connect to the cold water source and to the John Guest ball valve (shut-off valve) installed in the input of the 5 micron horizontally mounted inline sediment filter. The blue tubing is connected to the output of the system and to the supplied John Guest quick connect that is screwed onto the bottom of the supplied faucet.
8. John Guest ball valve shut-off valve, to make it easy to shut off water to the system for initial filter flushing and future filter changes – connected to the input of the horizontally mounted 5 micron sediment filter.
9. Filter wrench to allow easy removal of filter containers for filter changes.
10. Brushed nickel lead- free ceramic disk designer faucet, including a John Guest quick connect for connection to the blue tubing from the output of the system.
ADVANTAGE CHLORAMINE REDOX FILTRATION UNIT DESCRIPTION:
Stage 1 – Horizontally Mounted 5 Micron Carbon Block Sediment Filter: This is an inline plastic filter horizontally mounted on the top of the system with plastic clips. This filter should last a year; however, depending on the quantity and sediment level of the water, it may require changing more often. Replace this filter if the water pressure drops to an unacceptable level, but at minimum it should be changed annually.
Stage 2 – Bone Char Fluoride Filter: This is the left vertical stage of the unit, and is specifically designed to remove fluoride. Change this filter annually, even if usage is less than 5 gallons per day.
Stage 3 & 4 – 3 lb KDF Media/0.6 lb GAC: This is the middle, or centre vertical stage of the unit. This filter consists of two components (two stages), including the equivalent of 3 pounds of KDF media and over half a pound of granulated activated carbon (GAC). KDF media is a copper-zinc formulation that combines electrochemical and catalytic technology to remove chlorine, lead, mercury, iron, aluminum, arsenic, chromium, copper, manganese, nickel, chloroform, trichloroethane, lindane, nitrates, nitrites and hydrogen sulfide from water. KDF media has a mild antibacterial, algaecitic, and fungicitic effect, and may reduce the accumulation of lime scale. Change this filter annually, even if less than 5 gallons per day is purified.
Stage 5 & 6 – Catalytic Carbon Chlorine and Chloramine Filter: This is the right vertical stage of the unit, and consists of a 1 micron catalytic carbon filter. This filter is installed after the 15 minute flushing of the Stage 3 & 4 KDF/GAC filter. Change this filter annually even if less than 5 gallons per day is purified. This filter has multiple functions, including:
• trapping particles as small as 1 micron from the KDF/GAC filter in Stage 2 & 3;
• removing chlorine, chloramines, odors, and bad taste.
ANNUAL COST OF OPERATION: $230.00
MONTHLY COST OF OPERATION: $19.17
WEEKLY COST OF OPERATION: $4.42
DAILY COST OF OPERATION: $0.63
COST PER GALLON: $0.13
COST PER LITRE: 2.8 CENTS
(all based on 5 gallons usage per day)
5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Upgrades (including UV germicidal sterilization and nanofiltration)
Replacement OPUS water filters can be bought individually or as part of an OPUS Annual Filter Replacement Kit. For further options and add-ons for your water filtration system (including ultraviolet sterilization and nanofiltration), see the OPUS Upgrades page.
For full information, please see the OPUS Advantage Chloramine Redox water purification system Installation Guide [PDF] available for download.