Info: 5 Filter, 7 Stage Water Purification System
Info: 5 Filter, 7 Stage Water Purification System
The NANO Chloramine Redox is a point-of-use drinking water system designed for areas which fluoridate their water and use chloramine in their water treatment systems which may be leaving not only those chemicals but also many other contaminants in your drinking or cooking water. It produces great tasting water free of fluoride, chlorine, chloramines, lead, mercury, heavy metals, and a whole myriad of contaminants, while still maintaining healthy pH (alkalinity) and dissolved minerals.
This NANO Chloramine Redox purification system features a horizontally mounted inline 5 micron carbon block dirt/rust/sediment chlorine, taste and odor filter; bone char fluoride filtration; 3 pounds of KDF media combined with .6 pounds of granulated activated carbon; a 1 micron catalytic carbon block filtration that removes a wide range of contaminants including chlorine and chloramines; and a final .01 micron nanofiltration filter, to remove pathogens (bacteria/viruses), glyphosate, and over 85% of tested pharmaceutical drugs. It also comes with a faucet to install on your counter, and the tubing and components needed to install the rest of the unit below the sink.
The OPUS NANO Chloramine Redox uses five advanced filtration components to provide seven filtration stages using three 10" vertical filters and two horizontally mounted inline filters. Included are: tubing, a beautiful brushed nickel ceramic disk designer faucet, a John Guest quick connect for the faucet, and a John Guest ball valve to allow water shut- off for easy flushing and filter changes.
Included Components and Specifications:
1. Triple filter wall mountable housing designed to be installed either under a sink or in a basement or lower level (additional tubing required for lower level installations).
2. Inline horizontally mounted 5 micron sediment filter. (Water Input - Stage 1)
3. 10" bone char fluoride adsorption filter. (Stage 2)
4. 10" 3 lb KDF media / 0.6 lb granulated activated carbon (GAC) filter. (Stage 3 & 4)
5. 10" 1 micron catalytic carbon chloramine filter that removes bad tastes and odors, chloramines, chlorine, and sediment to 1 micron. (Stage 5 & 6)
6. 0.01 Micron Nanofiltration, removes pathogens & pharma drugs. (Stage 7)
7. Quick connects for all ¼" tubing connections, including on the beautiful brushed nickel ceramic disk designer faucet.
8. Two 5 foot lengths of flexible LLDPE 1/4" BPA free tubing - one blue, and one red. Red is used to connect to the cold water source and to the John Guest ball valve (shut-off valve) installed in the input of the 5 micron horizontally mounted inline sediment filter. The blue tubing is connected to the output of the system and to the supplied John Guest quick connect that is screwed onto the bottom of the supplied faucet.
9. John Guest ball valve shut-off valve, to make it easy to shut off water to the system for initial filter flushing and future filter changes – connected to the input of the horizontally mounted 5 micron sediment filter.
10. Filter wrench to allow easy removal of filter containers for filter changes.
11. Brushed nickel lead- free ceramic disk designer faucet, including a John Guest quick connect for connection to the blue tubing from the output of the system.
12. 5 Year Limited Warranty when filters are changed annually.
NANO CHLORAMINE REDOX FILTRATION UNIT DESCRIPTION:
Stage 1 – Horizontally Mounted 5 Micron Carbon Block Sediment Filter: This is an inline plastic filter horizontally mounted on the top of the system with plastic clips. This filter should last a year; however, depending on the quantity and sediment level of the water, it may require changing more often. Replace this filter if the water pressure drops to an unacceptable level, but at minimum it should be changed annually.
Stage 2 – Bone Char Fluoride Filter: This is the left vertical stage of the unit, and is specifically designed to remove fluoride. Change this filter annually, even if usage is less than 5 gallons per day.
Stage 3 & 4 – 3 lb KDF Media/0.6 lb GAC: This is the central vertical stage of the unit. This filter consists of two components (two stages), including the equivalent of 3 pounds of KDF media and over half a pound of granulated activated carbon (GAC). KDF media is a copper-zinc formulation that combines electrochemical and catalytic technology to remove chlorine, lead, mercury, iron, aluminum, arsenic, chromium, copper, manganese, nickel, chloroform, trichloroethane, lindane, nitrates, nitrites and hydrogen sulfide from water. KDF media has a mild antibacterial, algaecitic, and fungicitic effect, and may reduce the accumulation of lime scale. Change this filter annually, even if less than 5 gallons per day is purified.
Stage 5 & 6 – Catalytic Carbon Chlorine and Chloramine Filter: This is the right vertical stage of the unit, and consists of a 1 micron catalytic carbon filter. This filter is installed after the 15 minute flushing of the Stage 3 & 4 KDF/GAC filter. Change this filter annually even if less than 5 gallons per day is purified. This filter has multiple functions, including:
• trapping particles as small as 1 micron from the KDF/GAC filter in Stage 3 & 4;
• removing chlorine, chloramines, odors, and bad taste.
Stage 7 – NanoFiltration Filter: Filtering all the way down to .01 micron, this filter removes up to 99% of all pathogens, over 85% of tested pharma drugs, and glyphosate, but doesn’t affect pH, or remove minerals.
ANNUAL COST OF OPERATION: $360.00
MONTHLY COST OF OPERATION: $30.00
WEEKLY COST OF OPERATION: $6.92
DAILY COST OF OPERATION: $0.99
COST PER GALLON: $0.20
COST PER LITRE: 4.3 CENTS
(all based on 5 gallons usage per day)
For further options and add-ons for your water filtration system (including an 11" ceramic NSF certified water filtration faucet, a union to connect to a refrigerator, or additional tubing), see the OPUS Parts and Upgrades page.
For full information, please see the OPUS NANO Chloramine Redox water purification system Installation Guide [PDF] available for download.
Unfortunately, due to their size and weight, OPUS water filters and water systems no longer qualify for free shipping; our Shipping Department will follow-up with a quote before proceeding with the order.