Info: Book, by Richard L. Hansler, Ph.D.
In Great Sleep! Reduced Cancer!, Richard Hansler, a physicist who specializes in the effects of light on the body, explores how a reduction in blue light in our environments may help our bodies reduce the risk of cancer and rest more effectively at night. Emphasizing the destructive effects of blue light on melatonin, Hansler discusses a number of areas in which this probably affects our lives, ranging from jet lag and mental illness to cancer resistance and sleeping disorders.
Product Notes:Title: Great Sleep! Reduced Cancer! A Scientific Approach to Great Sleep and Reduced Risk of Cancer
by Richard L Hansler, Ph.D.
- Cutting the Risk of Cancer
- Light and Sleep
- The Remarkable Discovery That Blue Light Suppresses Melatonin
- The Toronto Experiment
- How People Study Sleep
- The Problems With Sleeping Pills
- Developing Lights That Don't Suppress Melatonin
- Treating Jet Lag
- The Sleepy Student Problem
- Sleep and Mental Illness
- A Safer Method of Treating Seasonal Affective Disorder SAD
- Postpartum Depression
- The Shift Work Dilemma
- Sunlight and the Human Body
- Why Don't We Have Any Competition?
- How This Journey Began
- Examining the Evidence That Controlling Light Can Cut the Risk of Cancer
- The Next Generation of Light Bulbs