Info: Anthracite Base, Black Spring, Black Leather
If you would like to benefit from 3D Ergonomics to counteract static postures and encourage natural patterns of movement but don't think the round stool-style seat of the other Swopper models is quite for you, consider the leather-covered Swopper Saddle Seat. It tilts the pelvis forward more and can sit 4-inches higher than the original Swopper, to facilitate an open hip angle.
Perhaps you've contemplated getting a Swopper active motion chair to benefit from the way it enables a range of natural controlled movements in all directions (up, down, sideways, backwards or forwards), but are worried about slipping. Or perhaps you're accustomed to cycling or riding horses, and would feel more comfortable on a traditional saddle shape than on a round backless seat. Or perhaps you're usually perched forward while seated at work to face a client or audience, if you're a dental hygienist, or a healthcare practitioner in an exam room, or a beautician, or a musician, for example. Either way, this may be the ideal fit for you. It is available either on a regular fixed position base, or on wheels.
Six powerful arguments for a Swopper:
* Always sitting properly: By keeping balance on a sprung seat, your body's always slightly in motion and animated to adopt different postures, so you will automatically sit up straight more often. Also, the joint within the spring strut enables the chair itself to tilt towards your working surface, which means you will no longer need to hunch your back to do so, and your spine can retain its natural 'S' shape.
* Benefits intervertebral discs: Your intervertebral discs will no longer be squashed on one side for hours on end because you're hunching your back, because now you'll be constantly changing your posture and sitting upright more frequently, so that your intervertebral discs will be loaded in parallel at alternating pressure points, which is important for their elasticity, resilience and health.
* Training muscles: Practically all your muscle groups will remain active and well supplied with blood, since your entire body is slightly in motion all the time on a Swopper chair. This will strength the entire musculoskeletal or locomotor system, help keep your back upright, and reduce back pain (since an active back will not be getting tensed up).
* To avoid vein problems: Constantly moving while seated stimulates more blood transportation through what's often called the calf muscle pump, which helps prevent congestion, and given the design of this seat, there won't be those pressure points on the underside of your thighs that you get with regular chairs.
* To keep ligaments and joints fit: Nature built our body to use our joints slightly all the time. Moving our joints stimulates the formation of synovia (joint fluid), which helps lubricate the joints, and tightens the ligaments and tendons, which helps avert joint diseases. In contrast, static pressure on the joints through hours of rigid sitting or standing squeezes out the synovial fluid, and the cartilages rub against each other.
* To stimulate mood: your circulation increases when sitting on a Swopper, and you straighten up, which frees the diaphragm, enabling you to breathe deeper. With an improved supply of oxygen, you can become more alert and concentrate and perform better. Plus, it can be fun bouncing up and down.
Weight: 32.00 lbs
Weight Capacity: 265 lbs
Seat dimensions: 17" back to front; 7.75" deep
Seat height range: Between 24.5" to 30" Unloaded (with no one sitting on it); and from 21.625" to 27.125" Loaded
Base: 21.5" diameter.
Swopper, designed and produced by aeris GmbH, distributed by Via Seating. Photographs copyright aeris GmbH.