Info: Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer; Easytem Model DT-060
The usual way to determine whether someone is running a fever is to touch their forehead and/or take their temperature with an oral thermometer, but those have drawbacks, such as their precision, the degree of cooperation required, and the possibility of spreading infection. This digital thermometer can provide accurate readings without needing to make contact! It can also be used to measure the surface temperature of baby bottles, bath water, or other surfaces from 0 to 100 C (with an accuracy of +/-0.3C).
Product Notes:Simply position the Infrared Thermometer slightly away from the centre of the forehead as if it were a flashlight, press the button, and voila -- it takes and displays an infrared reading, accurate to within +/-0.2C at the normal range for forehead readings. It can operate where the ambient temperature is anywhere between 10 to 40C -- so, including outdoors, for much of the year.
Dimensions: 13.15 cm (Length) x 26 mm (Width) x 17.7 mm (Depth)
ThermoChecker operates on a 3 Volt CR2032 Lithium battery (included).
- Notification sounds: Beeps when turned on, and if the forehead temperature is high.
- Auto Memory Function: Can save the latest 10 measurements.
- Power-Saving Function: Automatically shuts itself off if not used for 30 seconds.
- A storage case is included (shown in the third panel of the photo immediately above)
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
- Detailed instruction booklet included.
Aim the tip of device at the centre of the subject's forehead, holding it about 1 to 2 cm away; press the "On" button to get a reading.
Detailed instructions are included for how to alternate between taking body or other surface temperatures (by pressing the 'Memory' button) and how to interpret the notification beeps, and there are tables for the expected body, forehead or ear temperature ranges for children or other people.