Nutritional Consulting Services in Winnipeg at Aviva
Optimum Health and Wellness Consultations with Nathan Zassman
While it is the goal of Aviva Natural Health Solutions to help our customers make choices that will sustain and improve their health and help prevent illness, many who call or visit Aviva ask for solutions or recommendations designed to address their specific health concerns.
Aviva is proud to offer the most comprehensive selection of symptom-specific health products, designed to help the body heal naturally. Unfortunately, effective recommendations can be difficult without knowing an individual’s health history, supplement or drug usage, dietary issues, possible allergies, and previous treatments.
Nathan Zassman is a nutritional therapist, herbal information specialist, writer, speaker, teacher and researcher with over 30 years of experience in the field of natural health and healing. A member of the International Society of Orthomolecular Medicine (ISOM) and the American Botanical Council, Nathan has received certificates and training in nutritional therapies through seminars with many of the most respected nutritionally oriented medical doctors, including Dr. Jonathan Wright and Dr. Alan Gaby.
Achieving optimum health requires a balance of many vital elements, including real food properly prepared, nutritional and dietary supplements, having a sense of purpose in life, a healthy environment, purified air and water, natural light, relaxation and sleep, learning methods that can reduce stress and to “let go” of worry, movement (exercise), community, meaning, attitude, purpose and love.
A comprehensive, customized program based on identifying the cause or causes of illness and the integration of the vital elements essential for optimum health may help heal or improve the following:
• Acne, alopecia, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, herpes zoster.
• ADD/ADHD, children and adult
• Anxiety, depression, stress control
• Arthritis (rheumatoid/osteo), joint pain, inflammation
• Back, Knee, Hip Pain
• Cardiovascular (cholesterol, hypertension, congestive heart failure)
• Candida, yeast and fungal infections
• Cognition, memory, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease
• Cold sores, herpes, warts, canker sores, skin rash, nail fungus
• Erectile dysfunction, low libido (male or female)
• Fat loss, or weight control
• Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
• Gastrointestinal problems, including acid reflux (GERD), bloating, constipation, diarrhea, ulcers, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, IBS, IBD, etc.
• Gingivitis (gum disease), periodontitis, dental and oral care
• Hair, skin and nail health
• Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, adrenal insufficiency
• Immune System Balance (lessen the frequency of colds, flu, etc.)
• Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia
• Intermittent Fasting Concepts
• Interstitial Cystitis, Irritable Bladder
• Ketogenic Diet – Benefits for weight loss, cognition, etc.
• Leg, or muscular cramps
• Low energy
• Lyme Disease
• Migraine headaches, bruxism (tooth grinding), allergic rhinitis
• Obstructive sleep apnea, snoring, sleep disordered breathing
• Nutritional Wellbeing Consultations, including dietary and supplement recommendations, analysis of current supplement program, etc.
• Osteoporosis, osteopenia
• Pain Relief – Oral and Topical Solutions
• Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs
• PMS, menopausal symptoms, hot flashes
• Poor circulation, cold hands or feet, etc.
• Prostate enlargement, frequent urination, prostate cancer
• Restless legs syndrome
• Sarcopenia – Effective muscle building concepts.
• Sleep disorders, insomnia, sleep apnea, snoring
• Tinnitus, Ménière's disease, vertigo
• Trigger Finger / Trigger Thumb
• Uterine fibroids, fibrocystic breasts
• Vision problems, AMD (macular degeneration), glaucoma, cataracts
The consultations listed below are designed to provide a foundation for nutritional well-being. Recommendations may include dietary modifications, nutritional supplementation, exercise, stress reduction techniques, healthful cooking methods,supplements or products designed to reduce anxiety, depression, stress and improve sleep. Please note that only the 2-hour consultation includes a program designed to address your health concerns.
60 Minute - $150
Includes 30 minutes to research the health concerns identified in the journal (described on page 3) that must be provided prior to the consultation. and a 30 minute consulatation.
Two Hour Symptom Specific Program - $275
Designed to address specific health issues, this program includes 30 minutes to study the journal provided prior to the consultation, a 45 minute initial consultation, the preparation of a personalized program with dietary, nutritional and lifestyle recommendations, and 15 minutes to discuss the proper implementation of the program.
General or Follow-Up Consultations - 30 minute consultations - $90
30 Minute Designed to provide general information about nutritional, dietary and lifestyle approaches to achieving optimum health, this consultation is designed to educate and answer questions about nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. This consultation can also be used as a follow up consultation for those who have selected the two hour symptom-specific program. $90.00
Recommendations are restricted to nutrition and lifestyle, are intended for general nutritional well-being, and do not involve the diagnosing, treatment, or prescribing of remedies for the treatment of any disease or any licensed or controlled act which may constitute the practice of medicine. Consultations are not covered by health insurance programs.
If you have made an appointment with Nathan Zassman to discuss a nutritional and lifestyle approach to achieving optimum health and wellness, please prepare the following prior to your first visit:
1. List the main health concerns that you wish to address, using the listings above.
2. Prepare a journal that accurately lists all food and drink that you have consumed for one week prior to your visit. Please do this chronologically (i.e. every hour), listing everything you consume. Ensure that you include what you eat and drink for:
• Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner
• Beverages (i.e. coffee, tea, milk, soft drinks, water, etc.), with accurate quantities of each. Indicate if the beverages are sugar free, and if they are, which type of sweetener is used.
• How many cups of coffee and/or tea are consumed, and what is added (milk, sugar, etc.)
• Indicate how many glasses of water are consumed, and the type of water. If it is bottled, filtered, etc., provide accurate details.
• Indicate any and all alcoholic beverages consumed, including how often, quantities, etc.
• Try to estimate the total number of teaspoons of sugar consumed daily.
• Try to estimate the products consumed that use refined flour.
• Indicate any food or other allergies of which you are aware.
• Indicate any food, drink or supplements consumed within three hours of bedtime.
• Indicate any food, drink or supplements taken just before bedtime.
3. Sleep Habits:
• Provide a one week sleep habit log, including when you go to bed and when you arise.
• Do you sleep soundly or do you awaken during the night? Please provide details.
• Do you snore or have sleep apnea?
• Do you sleep with a partner who snores or who affects your quality of sleep?
4. List all the supplements and drugs you are using, and indicate how many are consumed, when they are consumed, and for how long you have been using each product. Bring all your supplements and drugs with you as Nathan will want to examine and evaluate the quality of the products you are using. Knowledge of the drugs and supplements used can prevent recommendations that could be contraindicated.
5. If you have results of recent (within the past year) medical tests please bring them with you.
If you do not reside in Winnipeg, telephone consultations are available. If you are interested in a telephone consultation, please call Aviva to schedule a convenient time for the interview. Telephone interviews may be scheduled in the evening and on weekends if required. You may be asked to fill out a detailed questionnaire prior to your appointment.
Product recommendations should be available at most fine health products stores or online. You will be required to provide at least 24 hours advance notice of a cancellation for a personal or telephone consultation.
Please Note: Recommendations are restricted to nutrition and lifestyle, are intended for general nutritional well-being, and do not involve the diagnosing, prognosticating, treatment, or prescribing of remedies for the treatment of any disease or any licensed or controlled act which may constitute the practice of medicine. Nathan is not a doctor or registered dietitian. Consultations with nutritionists are not covered by health insurance programs.