Info: Available Alone or With Accessories
Where else can you get fresh, delicious coffee or espresso in less than a minute? The Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker is simple to use, fast, and turns out some of the best tasting coffee that will ever grace your lips. Easy enough to make with just one hand, AeroPress works quickly -- in just 20 seconds! -- to deliver you fresh coffee. Unlike other presses, the micro-filters used in AeroPress make grit-free coffee while extracting the flavour from the entire bed of grounds. Gentle air pressure pushes the water through the grounds, delivering you a cup of coffee like you've never tasted before.
Standard unit includes 350 filters. Additional AeroPress replacement filters are also available, as are replacement Rubber Seals (both sold separately).
AEROPRESS is the result of several years of applied research by inventor/engineer Alan Adler. He conducted numerous brewing experiments, measuring the brew with laboratory instruments. The experiments demonstrated that proper temperature, total immersion and rapid filtering were key to flavour excellence. He then designed and tested dozens of brewers before settling on the AEROPRESS design. The design was further validated by coffee lovers who tested prototypes in their homes.
There are several reasons why AeroPress coffee tastes so good:
* Total immersion of the grounds in the water results in rapid yet robust extraction of flavour.
* Total immersion permits extraction at a moderate temperature, resulting in a smoother brew.
* Air pressure shortens filtering time to 20 seconds. This avoids the bitterness of long processes such as drip brewing.
* The air pressure also gently squeezes the last goodness from the grounds, further enriching the flavour.
* Because of the lower temperature and short brew time, the acid level of the brew is much lower than conventional brewers. Laboratory pH testing measured AEROPRESS brew's acid as less than one fifth that of regular drip brew. The low acid is confirmed by coffee lovers who report that AEROPRESS brew is friendlier to their stomachs.
Why does the AeroPress Coffee Maker Brew a Richer, Smoother Cup of Coffee or Espresso?
SMOOTHEST: Using the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing yields rich flavour with lower acidity and without bitterness.
RICHEST: Total immersion brewing results in uniform extraction of the ultimate in full coffee flavour. Other coffee makers drip hot water on bed of grounds, over extracting at the center and under extracting at the edge.
PUREST: Micro filtered for grit free coffee -- unlike other press-type coffee makers.
FASTEST: One minute from start to enjoy. The actual press time takes only 20 seconds.
* Makes 1 to 4 cups (1 or 2 mugs) of coffee or espresso
* Made in U.S.A.
* Worldwide patents pending; already awarded in U.S.A. & China
Comes with: Plunger, seal, chamber, filter cap, filter holder, 350 micro-filters, scoop, stirrer, and funnel.
1. Remove the plunger and the cap from chamber.
2. Put a filter in the cap and twist it onto the chamber.
3. Stand the chamber on a sturdy mug.
4. Put two AeroPress scoops of fine-drip grind coffee into the chamber.
5. Pour hot water slowly into the chamber up to the number 2. (Recommended: 175F water for dark roasts, 185F for lighter roasts).
6. Mix the water and coffee with the stirrer for about ten seconds.
7. Wet the rubber seal and insert the plunger into the chamber. Gently press down about a quarter of an inch and maintain that pressure for about 20 to 30 seconds until the plunger bottoms on the coffee. Gentle pressure is the key to easy AeroPressing.
8. You've just made a double espresso. For American coffee, top-off the mug with hot water. For a latte, top- off the mug with hot milk.
Always eject the puck right after brewing and store your AeroPress with the plunger pushed all the way through or completely removed. Storing the seal uncompressed will keep your seal air-tight for years.
Barcodes for each constituent:
AeroPress Coffee Maker: 085276000800
AeroPress Coffee Maker with Tote Bag: 085276000824
AeroPress Microfilters (350 filters): 085276000817