Info: Available in Two Types of Cases
This clever and easy to use gadget produces spreadable butter right out of the fridge! Simply place the butter into the mill and turn the bottom, and the butter comes out in the form of easily spreadable shavings. And when you're done, the mill has a cover for easy storage.
In spite of the reputation given it by those promoting unsaturated vegetable oils, butter -- a naturally saturated fat -- is one of the healthiest and most flavourful choices when it comes to spreads. However, some people are deterred from using butter on account of its natural solid state at refrigerated temperatures (or even in some "room temperatures," during the winter). It can difficult to put on a knife when cold, and can tear bread or dinner rolls when spreading. It can also be a bit troublesome to create an even coat for vegetables like asparagus or corn on the cob, from hardened butter. Cooks Innovations ingeniously answers this problem through its butter mill.
Two models are available (both with stainless steel grates at top): one as shown in the main product photo above, with the cover for the central area being made of plastic; and one as shown in the panels below, with a high quality Stainless Steel cover for that central area you hold onto while turning. The BPA-free plastic components are dishwasher safe.
1) Disassemble unit (remove central cover), and insert a wedge of your favorite butter into the Butter Mill, as shown in the 4-panel photo and the video.
2) Replace central core, and remove cap to expose the grater.
3) Simply twist the bottom, to grate out the amount of butter needed.
4) Scoop it up with a butter knife, to spread it on soft and smooth.
5) Place the cap over the grater at top, and store the 'pre-loaded' butter mill in the fridge to keep butter fresh and ready to use the next time.