Info: Available in 100 ml Tincture or 90 capsules
The eight natural ingredients in this Vitex Combo formula for Menopause in St. Francis Herb Farm's Fémance series have been used in herbal medicine for hundreds of years, and modern clinical and lab work confirm they're effective in treating menopausal symptoms including hot flashes, vaginal dryness, anxiety, insomnia, and fatigue.
You can get this Femance formula either in a liquid tincture or in capsules.
Functions of Each Ingredient:
- Chaste tree has a regulatory effect on the hormones controlling the menstrual cycle;
- Black cohosh has hormone-balancing properties for female reproductive tract function;
- Dong Quai is a phytoestrogenic herb that's a naturopathic alterative to approach to estrogen or hormone replacement therapy, without the latter's increased risks of breast cancer, stroke, or heart attack;
- Motherwort lessens heart palpitations and rapid heart rate and relieves nervous tension and restlessness;
- Wild yam, another hormone-balancing herb, has been used to ease painful menstruation and relieve cramping;
- Milky oat seed nourishes the central nervous system and is a tonic against worry, anxiety, stress, depression, and insomnia;
- St. John's wort also helps relieve anxiety, emotional upset and depression; and,
- Ginger helps with painful menstruation, and enhances circulation, which enhances the other herbs' therapeutic activity.
Femance Vitex Combo Menopause Tincture (NPN 80040806), per ml:
Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis, root) 0.18 ml (1:4, QCE 45 mg),
Black Cohosh (Actaea racemosa, root and rhizome) 0.17 ml (1:5, QCE 34 mg),
Chastetree (Vitex agnus-castus, fruit) 0.17 ml (1:4, QCE 42.5 mg),
Burdock (Arctium lappa, root) 0.15 ml (1:1, QCE 150 mg fresh OR 1:4, QCE 37.5 mg dry),
Sage (Salvia officinalis, leaf) 0.14 ml (1:4, QCE 35 mg),
Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca, herb top) 0.11 ml (1:4, QCE 27.5 mg),
Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea, root) 0.08 ml (1:4, QCE 20 mg)
(QCE = Quantity Crude Equivalent)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Grain alcohol, Distilled water, Vegetable glycerine.
Per 200 mg Femance Vitex Combo Menopause Capsule (NPN 80025139):
Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis, root) 42 mg (5:1 extract, QCE 210 mg),
Black Cohosh (Actaea racemosa, root and rhizome) 36 mg (5:1 extract, QCE 180 mg),
Burdock (Arctium lappa, root) 32 mg (5:1 extract, QCE 160 mg),
Sage (Salvia officinalis, leaf) 30 mg (5:1 extract, QCE 150 mg),
Chastetree (Vitex agnus-castus, fruit), 20.5 mg (5:1 extract, QCE 102.5 mg),
Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca, herb top) 20.5 mg (5:1 extract, QCE 102.5 mg),
Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea, root) 16 mg (1% Rosavin, 5:1 extract, QCE 80 mg)
Non-medicinal ingredients: Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin.
Tincture: Adult women: Take 1.5 to 3 ml (45-90 drops) three times daily in a little water on an empty stomach. Not to be taken immediately before bedtime. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 6 weeks.
Capsules: Adult women: Take 1 to 2 capsules two times daily. Use for a minimum of 3 months to see beneficial results.
Store away from children. Do not use if you: are pregnant or breastfeeding; are a transplant recipient; are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae/Compositae/Daisy or Apiaceae/Umbelliferae family; or if you have bipolar disorder or bipolar spectrum disorder; or profuse menstrual flow/heavy periods; or diarrhoea or haemorrhagic diseases; or a seizure disorder (e.g. epilepsy). Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are taking antidepressants, blood thinners/anticoagulants or hormone-containing medications such as progesterone preparations, oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy; if you are taking other herbs containing thujone (e.g. wormwood, sage, tansy, and juniper); if you suffer from diabetes; if you have a liver disorder or develop symptoms of liver trouble. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner: if menstruation is delayed or absent; if you experience increased menstrual bleeding time; if you experience breast pain, discomfort and/or tenderness. Discontinue use at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist. Hypersensitivity (e.g. allergy) has been known to occur, including irritability and insomnia, in which case, discontinue use.