Info: 30 Veg. Capsules; Shelf Stable
We need a healthy balance of "friendly" bacteria in our gastro-intestinal tract not only to digest our food properly, but also to nourish our immune system and produce the neurochemicals required for brain function, and to ward off various types of infections (including yeast). But those microflora can be put out of balance by stress, pollutants, and diet. This doctor formulated probiotic provides 16 different live strains totaling 50 billion beneficial microorganisms in a ratio tailored to support women's needs.
Garden of Life's Dr. Formulated Once Daily Women's probiotics have high concentrations of strains associated with reducing allergies and improving cholesterol levels, reducing inflammation, leaky gut syndrome, and the symptoms of IBS. This powerful combination of strains may help reduce the chance of upper respiratory infections or colds, and fight harmful bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus. It comes in a convenient, once daily capsule (which you can open up and pour into a glass of water or raw juice, if you prefer) in a special container which keeps it viable without requiring refrigeration.
Formulated by Dr. David Perlmutter, an Expert in the Human Microbiome, using clinically studied strains which have been tested for their resistance to stomach acid and bile salts, such that they can arrive at the intestines without needing enteric coating.
Each capsule contains:
50 Billion CFU Probiotic Blend for Women, consisting of:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14): 11 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115): 22 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus casei (Lc-11): 4 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37): 3.2 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (Lb-87): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus brevis (Lbr-35): 0.5 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus reuteri (UALR-16): 0.3 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33): 0.8 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus fermentum (SBS-1): 0.3 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus gasseri (Lg-36): 0.3 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32): 0.3 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (Bl-04): 6.7 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium Iongum subsp. infantis (Bi-26): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06): 0.1 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03): 0.4 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium Iongum subsp. longum (Bl-05): 0.1 Billion CFU
Non-medicinal ingredients: Organic potato starch (tuber), organic acacia gum, non-GMO vegetable capsule (hypromellose).
CFU = Colony Forming Units
Contains no carriers, fillers, artificial colours or flavours.
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Take at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking any antibiotics. The company's U.S. page and bottles also mention this can be taken either with or without food.
Keep refrigerated, if you bought the type packaged in a glass bottle in store; or keep tightly sealed, if it is the shelf-stable variety in the special bottle with the patented molded desiccant and moisture barrier.
Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment). Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain. If symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner.
Health Canada Natural Product Number: 80067436.