Info: 60 Veg. Capsules
Are you prone to gastrointestinal issues, such as gas, bloating, cramping, heartburn, wind, or constipation? Chances are, you're not digesting your meals fully, due to one or more enzyme deficiency. This is to be expected, since our bodies produce about 13% less digestive enzymes every decade past their peak at the age of 20, and we also produce less hydrochloric acid as we age, which activates those enzymes. This daily formula from Life Choice can help address these problems with a complement of enzymes covering the full spectrum of the foods we can normally eat, to be able to completely digest fats, proteins, carbohydrates, and fibre.
Malabsorption symptoms can not only cause inconvenience and embarrassment, but also impact our health or performance in other ways. Incomplete digestion deprives our immune system of important nutrients, and our bodies may also be producing fewer metabolic enzymes all the other cells need to function properly if it is struggling to produce enough digestive enzymes, and if we are not digesting cooked fats properly, they may be building up in our arteries.
Full Spectrum Digestive Enzyme - Function of Individual Ingredients:
- Acid maltase: Breaks down malt sugar.
- Alpha-Amylase: Breaks down starch.
- Alpha-galactosidase: Breaks down complex carbohydrates, prevents intestinal gas.
- Beet (root): Helps the kidneys and liver to process the amino acid known as SAM-e.
- Bromelain: Proteolytic enzyme from pineapple; breaks down proteins, reduces inflammation, and treats indigestion.
- FOS (Chicory root): Increases the flow of bile, supporting digestion.
- Glucoamylase: Breaks down carbohydrates.
- Invertase: Breaks down sugars.
- Kale: Prevents constipation promoting regularity and a healthy digestive tract.
- L-Lysine (fermented): Supports the production of other proteins such as enzymes, antibodies and hormones.
- Lactase: Breaks down lactose in milk to make it possible for people with lactose intolerance to consume dairy without digestive problems.
- Lipase: Breaking down lipids (fats), in particular triglycerides, fat in the diet.
- Ox Bile: Bile helps digest the fats you eat, and aids in absorption of fat soluble vitamins.
- Pancreatic enzymes (Amylase, Lipase, Protease): Relieves symptoms of indigestion (e.g., feeling of fullness, gas, bloating); helps the body to digest protein, starch, and fat.
- Papain: From papaya, helps break down proteins such as meat, also decreases swelling and inflammation in the colon; useful for with Crohn's or celiac disease and ulcers.
- Peppermint: Aids in digestion, activates an anti-pain channel in the colon, (TRPM8), and reduces the pain linked to spicy foods.
- Pepsin: Breaks down proteins found in meat, eggs, dairy and other foods.
- Protease 3.0, 4.5, 6.0: Breaks down the peptide bonds in the protein foods separating the various amino acids needed by the body.
- Protease (I& II): Breaks down proteins.
Ingredients:Each vegetarian capsule contains:
Acid maltase (1 FCC): 1 mg
Alpha-Amylase (1875 FCC): 15 mg
Alpha-galactosidase (50 FCC): 5 mg
Beet (root): 25 mg
Betaine hydrochloride: 100 mg
Bromelain (32880 FCC): 2 mg
FOS (Chicory root): 50 mg
Glucoamylase (3 FCC): 2.5 mg
Invertase (170 FCC): 1 mg
Kale: 25 mg
L-Lysine (fermented): 100 mg
Lactase (325 FCC): 3.25 mg
Lipase (240 FCC): 12 mg
Ox Bile (bovine): 88 mg
Pancreatic enzymes (6875 Amylase, 550 Lipase, 6875 Protease LISP's): 27.5 mg
Papain (2000 FCC): 122 mg
Peppermint 25 mg
Pepsin (150000 USP): 100 mg
Protease 3.0 (3 FCC): 5 mg
Protease 4.5 (4930 FCC): 33 mg
Protease 6.0 (1640 FCC): 19 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: Capsules are made from vegetarian source: no gelatin used.
Contains no wheat, corn, yeast, soy or dairy.
Suggested Usage:Adults: Take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take with first bite of food/meal. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
For use beyond 4 weeks consult a healthcare practitioner.
Warnings:Do not use if you have gallstones or a bile duct obstruction, or if you are pregnant, or if you are sensitive to pancreatic enzymes or pork proteins.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are breastfeeding; or have diabetes, or a gastrointestinal lesion/ulcer, cardiovascular disease, pancreatitis, pancreatic exocrine insufficiency or cystic fibrosis, or an allergy to latex or fruits (such as avocado, banana, chestnut, passion fruit, fig, melon, mango, kiwi, pineapple, peach, and tomato); or if you are taking an anticoagulant/blood thinner, anti-inflammatory or antibiotic; or are having surgery.
Headaches, heartburn, abdominal pain, bloating and hypersensitivity (e.g. allergy) have been known to occur, in which case, discontinue use. Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea have also been known to occur, in which case, again, discontinue use (and consult a health care practitioner).
Consult a healthcare practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks. Health Canada Natural Product Number: 80053908.