Info: 2 Filter, 3 Stage Countertop Water Purifier
Free shipping included in Canada! The Integrity Freedom Dual Chlorine (Countertop) is a two-compartment system which retains the minerals and maintains the alkalinity and pH level of the incoming water, producing great tasting purified mineral water. It is designed for those who live in condominiums or apartments, where permanent water filtration systems cannot be installed, or for those who simply want a system that is more portable. It is intended for areas where your water supply has been treated with chlorine (but not chloramine: please see our other category for that), but have not added fluoride, or for those who prefer to retain fluoride, if it has been added. This is our most affordable high performance countertop water filtration system that does not remove fluoride.
No plumbing or drilling is required to install an OPUS Integrity countertop system. Simply attach the included diverter valve (shown here) to your existing faucet, and the filtration unit comes with its own built-in faucet/spout to deliver clean drinking water whenever you want it.
ANNUAL COST OF OPERATION: $130.00 (Details provided below)
Over 99% removal of chlorine, mercury, and lead, including filtration of MTBE and VOCs; and 99.95% reduction of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma cysts.
• Dual 10" countertop filter housing.
• Two (2) 10" 1 micron pleated dirt/rust/sediment filters (change every six months, or more often if water pressure drops).
• 0.5 micron powdered carbon filter to remove MTBE, VOCs, lead, mercury, chlorine, etc.
• Diverter valve for connection to a standard water faucet.
Stage 1: One Micron Pleated Dirt/Rust/Sediment Filter, including Cyst and Bacteria Removal
The 1 micron dirt/rust/sediment filter is installed in stage 1. This filter should be changed every six months, or sooner if the water pressure drops significantly. Two are included with purchase, for one year of normal operation.
Stages 2 & 3: 0.5 Micron Carbon Block Microfiltration Filter
This dual stage filter is the right vertical stage of the unit, and consists of a 0.5 micron carbon block filter that is protected by Endurawrap™, which is designed to significantly increase the life of the cartridge by trapping sediment that typically plugs carbon cartridges. This filter has multiple functions including:
– blocking some bacteria (however, it is not designed to treat totally untreated water that is microbiologically unsafe to drink) (Stage 2)
– removing chlorine, odors, dissolved and particulate lead (99.5% removal rate for lead), mercury, cysts, giardia, cryptosporidium, entamoeba and toxoplasma cysts. A unique feature of this filter is the filtration of MTBE and VOCs -- contaminants that very few filtration systems can remove. (Stage 3)
ANNUAL FILTER REPLACEMENT COSTS:
• Stage 1 – Pleated 1 Micron Sediment Filter (Store code 21387), Package of 2 (replace every six months) - $80.00
• Stage 2 & 3 -.5 micron MTBE/VOC powdered carbon filter (14256) (replace annually) - $50.00
ANNUAL COST OF OPERATION: $130.00
MONTHLY COST OF OPERATION: $10.83
WEEKLY COST OF OPERATION: $2.50
DAILY COST OF OPERATION: $0.36
COST PER GALLON: About 7 Cents
COST PER LITRE: About 1.6 Cents
(ALL BASED ON 5 GALLONS PER DAY)
3 Year Limited Warranty if pre-filter is changed every six months (or more if required), and .5 micron carbon filter is changed annually, as specified.