Info: Available in 400 gram Resealable Baggies
Wheatgrass is a "perfect food" which provides energy, high quality vitamins, minerals, enzymes and protein; an ounce of its fresh juice is akin to two pounds of green salad).
Great for sprouting, organic wheatgrass seeds are typically soaked and germinated prior to planting for best results; please see growing directions below.
There are many different ways to enjoy wheatgrass seeds, such as in salads or sandwiches, or blended in a juicer -- especially together with barleygrass seeds.
At Aviva, we also offer a variety of sprouting jars, seeds and kits to grow these or other seeds that will surely satisfy any grower, whether a beginner gardener or a green-thumb pro.
Among other things, sprouted wheatgrass juice can reportedly help the body eliminate toxins and wastes, including heavy metals; and stimulate enzyme activity; and help reduce bacteria populations, fight infections and improve the ability to heal wounds; and help soothe irritated tissue and alleviate skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis; and alkalize the blood, and dilate blood vessels to enable blood to flow more easily; and the chlorophyll in it can help improve blood sugar disorders and help eliminate body odours.
Ingredients:Organic Wheatgrass Seeds.
There are many different ways to enjoy wheatgrass such as blended in a smoothie, as an addition to a sandwich, on top of a salad, or even thrown in a juicer and transformed into a refreshing drink! You can also chew on the fresh wheatgrass you've grown, like gum, to extract the healthful juices out, yourself.
- Place seeds in a bowl; the number will depend on the size of the growing pot or location.
- Add water, at room temperature (60-70F): about two to three times the volume of the seeds.
- Soak the seeds overnight / about 8 to 12 hours.
- Place the soaked seeds in your sprouter, and place the sprouter in the full sun.
- Rinse and drain the seeds every 8 to 12 hours until you see a small root.
- Plant the sprouted plants in flowerpots that can drain well and are filled with soil.
- Water the seedlings thoroughly. Do not let them dry out.
- After a week, they should be large enough to use as a dietary supplement.