Info: 4 Filter, 6 Stage Water Purification System
Info: 4 Filter, 6 Stage Water Purification System
AlkaPlus Freedom is a point-of-use drinking water system designed for water supplies that are not fluoridated. The system produces great tasting water that is free of chlorine, lead, mercury, heavy metals and contaminants. The bioceramic alkalizing antioxidant filter provides an increased pH, higher levels of healthful minerals, a lower ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential), a smaller water cluster size, and an increase in active hydrogen ions while giving the water antioxidant properties. (Note: those who live in areas where chloramines are used to treat their water may want to choose one of the Chloramine models.)
Replacement filters can be bought individually or as part of an Annual Filter Replacement Kit. For further options and add-ons for your water filtration system (including ultraviolet sterilization and nanofiltration), see the OPUS Replacement Parts and Upgrades page. For further information, download the OPUS AlkaPlus Freedom water purification system Installation Guide [PDF].
The OPUS AlkaPlus Freedom water purification system consists of four advanced filtration components providing six stages of filtration, with three vertical stages and one horizontally mounted inline filter. This last filter is the 14" bioceramic alkalizing antioxidant filter mounted on the top of the system. Included are two five foot lengths of ¼" LLDPE BPA-free tubing, a brushed nickel ceramic disk designer faucet with a quick connect, a filter wrench, and a John Guest ball valve that is inserted in the water input quick connect located on the left of the system.
Included Components and Specifications:
1. Triple filter wall mountable housing designed to be installed either under a sink or in a basement or lower level (additional tubing required for lower level installations).
2. 10" 5 micron pleated sediment filter. (Stage 1)
3. 10" 3 lb KDF media/0.6 lb granulated activated carbon filter. (Stage 2 & 3)
4. 10" .5 micron carbon microfiltration filter that removes MTBE, VOCs, lead, mercury, chlorine, and particles .5 microns and larger. (Stage 4 & 5)
5. 14" inline horizontally mounted bioceramic antioxidant alkalizing filter. (Stage 6)
6. Quick connects throughout for all 1/4" tubing connections, including the brushed nickel ceramic disk designer faucet.
7. Brushed nickel ceramic disk designer faucet with standard sink installation components, including a John Guest quick connect for easy connection of the blue tubing from the output of the system.
8. Two 5 foot lengths of flexible LLDPE 1/4" BPA-free tubing – one blue, and one red. Red is used to connect to the cold water source and to the John Guest ball valve (shut-off valve) installed in the input of the system on the left side. The blue tubing is connected to the output of the system and to the supplied John Guest quick connect that is screwed onto the bottom of the supplied faucet.
9. John Guest ball valve (blue and white shut-off valve), a convenient shut-off valve that is installed with a short piece of 1/4" tubing on the left side of the filtration system (water input) to make it easy for filter flushing and future filter changes.
10. Filter wrench, to enable easy opening of the filter housings.
ALKAPLUS FREEDOM FILTRATION UNIT DESCRIPTION:
Stage 1 – 5 Micron Pleated Sediment Filter: Installed in left filter housing. In normal use, this filter should be replaced annually; however, depending on the quantity of water purified and the level of dissolved solids and sediment in your water, you may need to change it more often. Change this filter if water pressure drops to unacceptable levels.
Stage 2 & 3 – 3 lb KDF Media/0.6 lb GAC: This is the middle, or centre vertical stage of the unit. This filter consists of two components (two stages), including the equivalent of 3 pounds of KDF media and over half a pound of granulated activated carbon (GAC). KDF media is a copper-zinc formulation that uses electrochemical and catalytic technology to remove chlorine, lead, mercury, iron, aluminum, arsenic, chromium, copper, manganese, nickel, chloroform, trichloroethane, lindane, nitrates, nitrites and hydrogen sulfide from water. KDF media has a mild anti-bacterial, algaecitic, and fungicitic effect, and may reduce the accumulation of lime scale.
Stage 4 & 5 – .5 Micron MTBE/VOC/Lead/Mercury Microfilter: This is the right vertical stage of the unit with multiple functions, including:
• trapping particles down to .5 microns from the KDF/GAC filter in stage 2 & 3; and,
• removing chlorine, odors, dissolved and particulate lead, mercury (99.5% removal rate for lead and mercury), and cysts, including giardia, cryptosporidium, entamoeba and toxoplasma. A unique feature of this filter is the filtration of MTBE and VOCs – contaminants that very few filtration systems can remove.
Stage 6 – 14" horizontally mounted bioceramic alkalizing antioxidant filter: Using bioceramics, alkalizing minerals (magnesium, calcium and potassium), and other unique minerals and ceramics, the OPUS Bioceramic Alkalizing Antioxidant Filter transforms water purified by the previous five stages into antioxidant, oxygenated, alkalizing drinking water with a higher pH and a lower oxidation reduction potential (ORP).
BENEFITS OF THE BIOCERAMIC FILTER:
• Increased pH, creating more alkaline (higher pH) drinking water. Alkaline liquids help flush acidic metabolites and toxins at the cellular level, while increasing the body’s alkalinity.
• Addition of healthful ionic (ionized) minerals, including magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
• Increase in oxygen. Ionized water can deliver twice as much oxygen to your cells as tap or bottled water. German biochemist Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for research indicating that cancer cells are anaerobic and that cancer cannot survive in the presence of oxygen.
• Added Vitamin C, which contributes to the antioxidant functionality of the filter.
• The antioxidant function scavenges oxygen free radicals (reactive oxygen species), and may help reduce the risk of degenerative diseases including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
• Tourmaline – Far-infrared ceramic balls produce negative hydrogen (hydroxyl) ions and create a smaller water cluster size.
• Smaller water clusters (51.497 Hz) hydrate the body up to 3 times more effectively than normal water, while helping to increase the absorption of nutrients and minerals.
ANNUAL COST OF OPERATION: $350 PER YEAR (plus taxes)
COST PER GALLON (based on 5 gallons per day): 19 CENTS
COST PER LITRE (based on 5 gallons per day): 4.2 CENTS
OPUS recommends all water/plumbing products be installed by professionals. Be sure to flush the filters in the proper order before hooking up and using the whole system, as indicated in the Installation Guide.
Unfortunately, due to their size and weight, OPUS water filters and water systems no longer qualify for free shipping; our Shipping Department will follow-up with a quote before proceeding with the order.