Info: 150 ml (5 fl oz) Bottle; In 2 Flavours
Omega-3 fatty acids have numerous health benefits, primarily related to brain and heart function, depending on the essential fatty acid source and concentration. NeurOmega is made from fish oil and contains mainly DHA (DocosaHexaenoic Acid), a major constituent of the brain. DHA is crucial to the development and upkeep of not only the brain itself, but also the eyes and the nervous system.
Even among otherwise healthy people, NeurOmega from Alterra may help improve concentration or energy levels when working or studying long hours. As nutritional support, there are number of other cognitive deficits and disorders NeurOmega may be able to help with including attention deficit disorder (ADD), eye disorders, coordination problems, chronic depression or emotional imbalance, and failing memory.
THERE'S AN EPIDEMIC OF DISORDERS. WHY?
How can you increase your ability to concentrate, improve your cognitive function and memory, alleviate nervousness, agitation and irritability, and reduce mental fatigue, heightened emotions and stabilize mood? Here are some answers!
Children absorb information like sponges. But they're also prone to disorders involving attention, concentration and hyperactivity. It's virtually an epidemic. Why?
Let's take a look at the alarming rate of attention deficit disorder in children and even adults, as well as autism spectrum disorders. Before the late 1990s, we heard very little about these conditions. Back then, when children were hyperactive, they were told to play outside. So they'd go out and get up to some mischief or play some sports, and then come back home. End of story.
Today we're trying to take on an ever-increasing number of tasks in a day. To get all our paid work and personal tasks accomplished, we now undertake in a typical day what would have taken us several days just a few decades ago!
Attention deficit disorder (ADD) - as common in children as in adults - is related to the way our lives have been invaded by computers, smart phones, wireless communications and electromagnetic charges in the air, overloads of video games and television, as well as GMOs, refined food, junk food, over-consumption of sugar, mineral and vitamin deficiencies, hormonal disorders, dysbiosis and intestinal parasites (under diagnosed), breakdown of the nuclear family, lack of discipline (laxity of exhausted parents), stressed-out parent/couple model, anxiety, lack of attention and love, problematic psycho-social relationships, intimidation ... so many cumulative factors contributing to the frequent diagnosis of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Not to mention task overload among teachers in schools where irritation has reached levels never seen before. Hence their impatience and inability to care for hyperactive children. Today's schools are made for children who are meant to sit quietly. They're not allowed to expend their energy naturally, by moving about. So we drug them!
Parents no longer have time for themselves, so how can they have time for their children? Being sponges, children absorb what they see, hear and feel; then they process all this in their own way.
Several solutions exist and are valid therapeutically. Your choice will be dictated by your convictions. Here we offer a few possibilities.
One of the most common deficiencies is in DHA, which has many benefits.
* DHA makes up 40% of all polyunsaturated fats in the brain and 60% in the retina
* DHA is important for mood
* DHA is important for executive function
* DHA improves memory
* DHA is important for neural functions
* DHA deficiency has critical effects on the development and behaviour of neurons, including changes in learning, memory, hearing and neurotransmission
* DHA has been shown to accumulate in areas of the brain involved in memory and attention, such as the cerebral cortex and hippocampus
* DHA regulates a number of cell transmission and synaptic functions
* DHA is present in phospholipid membranes
* DHA is a predominant component of neural membranes in the brain and retina
* DHA has a positive effect on the fluidity and permeability of membranes
* DHA inhibits the formation of amyloid plaque associated with Alzheimer's disease
* DHA decreases cognitive decline and Alzheimer's
* DHA improves visual acuity
* DHA is essential for fetal maturation, infant development
* DHA is beneficial in postpartum depression, as the mother transfers DHA to her fetus and during breastfeeding
* DHA at 2 grams per day lowers triglycerides by 20%
* DHA increases HDL and decreases LDL
* DHA is beneficial for dementia
* DHA improves learning activity, psychotic changes, depression, hyperactivity, stroke and Alzheimer's disease
RESTORING AND MAINTAINING NEUROPLASTICITY WITH NEUROMEGA
NeurOmega 2750 mg DHA is the highest concentration of DHA on the market in over 15 years. NeurOmega is the omega 3 that keeps your mind sharp!
The primary source of nutrients for the brain is lipids. The structure of the brain is made up of 60% lipids.
The limited amount of DHA derived from dietary sources makes the therapeutic aspect difficult to achieve without the concentrated intake of a DHA-rich source of omega-3.
* DHA is important in the structure of the nerves and brain cells of the eyes, in addition to being a key element in heart tissue
* DHA supplementation during pregnancy and breastfeeding is associated with having a positive effect on fetal and infant DHA has been incorporated into infant formulas in the United States since 2002
* Promotes more noticeable psycho-motor development in children aged 2-3 (hand/ eye coordination)
* Balanced sleep/wake cycle
* Higher IQ in children taking a DHA supplement
* Increases memory and learning capacity by 50% development
Health Disclaimer. Copyright ©2017. Information supplied by Alterra / Herbasanté. Health Canada Natural Product Number: 80002816.
Each full teaspoon / 5000 mg serving of either type provides:
250 mg EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)
2,750 mg DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)
Ingredients for Orange flavoured type:
Molecularly distilled mackerel, sardine and anchovy oil, cold pressed thyme oil, Vitamin E, natural orange flavour, Stevia rebaudiana leaf.
Ingredients for Cranberry/Raspberry flavoured type:
Molecularly distilled mackerel, sardines and anchovy oil, cold pressed thyme oil, natural cranberry and raspberry flavour.
Children 1 to 13 years old: Take 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) daily with a meal.
Children 14 to 18 years old: Take 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) daily with a meal.
Adults: Take 1 full teaspoon (5 ml) daily with a meal.
Store Alterra fish oil in a cool, dark area.