Info: 1 Water Purification System
Designed to be a state of the art whole house drinking water system with low operating costs, the OPUS Whole House System is normally installed right after the water meter as the water enters your home, to filter water for the entire home or building and provide clean water to every tap. Other than filter changes, the system requires no back washing or electrical power, unless the germicidal ultraviolet sterilization option is added.
This unit, Model 55 with 7.5 pounds of KDF-55 media -- 50% more than the industry standard for optimum filtration of chlorine and contaminants -- is for chlorinated municipal water supplies that do not have high levels of iron.
Alternatively, for water with high levels of iron (a common problem with well water), or for municipally treated water that uses chloramines (a combination of chlorine and ammonia), choose Model 85 with KDF-85 media, a special formulation that is more effective at removing iron and chloramines.
Whole-house systems are large, heavy shipments, so for this product, free shipping is not included. An Aviva representative will contact you, once we have your address, to quote shipping cost. We will not charge for shipping without your approval.
The OPUS Whole House Water System includes a limited five year parts warranty to the original owner, with a one year warranty on the pressure gauges, conditional on reasonable maintenance (changing filters and O-rings, if required).
This system features 20 micron and 5 micron pleated sediment filters, and a final two-stage filter utilizing granulated activated carbon and KDF-55 or KDF-85 media, a copper and zinc formulation that uses the principle of electrochemical oxidation reduction (commonly known as the redox process or redox reaction) to eliminate a vast number of water contaminants.
The system ensures up to 99% reduction of lead, chlorine, heavy metals, silver, aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, copper, iron, nickel, zinc, chromium, barium, hydrogen sulfide, radon, selenium, mercury, trihalomethanes, algae, manganese, chloroform, trichloroethane, lindane, pesticides, fungi, bad tastes and odors.
KDF media and granulated activated carbon have a synergistic effect when combined, making them more powerful than when either media is used alone, as the KDF media regenerates the adsorption capacity of the activated carbon. Replace this filter annually or after 100,000 gallons. The large 20" filter design minimizes the water pressure drop that is common with many whole house filtration systems.
The operational life of the 5 and 20 micron filters is dependent on the level of sediment, dirt, rust, and other particles 5 microns and larger. The built-in pressure gauges, and water pressure (when it drops) indicate that either the 20 micron, 5 micron, or both need to be replaced. It is recommended that two or more additional 5 micron and 20 micron filters are purchased with the system, to ensure filter changes can be made when required, to ensure good water flow rates.
The Whole House System inhibits the growth of bacteria within the KDF media, but does not kill waterborne bacteria or pathogens unless the germicidal ultraviolet unit is added. To treat water that is microbiologically unsafe to drink (i.e., contains E. coli or other bacteria), the germicidal ultraviolet filtration unit is recommended to sterilize the water. To ensure complete sterilization, we recommend a 12 gallon per minute ultraviolet sterilization system.
Design and Included Components:
The system consists of a three compartment, 20 inch filter housing which incorporates three pressure gauges to assist in evaluating when water pressure drops require sediment filter changes. It is designed to be installed where your water supply enters the building, usually just after the water meter.
The Total Dimensions of an OPUS Whole House System are as follows: 26-1/4 inches (66.67 cm) High [including both the 23-3/8" (59.37 cm) high filter canisters and the metal housing with the gauges on top]; 23-3/16" (58.9 cm) Wide; and 8-7/16" (21.43 cm) Deep.
There are four filtration stages involved:
• Stage 1 – 20" 20 Micron Pleated Filter: This filter is designed to remove dirt, rust, sediment, and particulate matter 20 microns and larger, and also to lengthen the life of the 5 micron pleated filter in Stage 2.
• Stage 2 – 20" 5 Micron Pleated Filter: This filter is designed to remove dirt, rust, sediment and particulate matter 5 microns and larger, and to ensure the final KDF/GAC filter works optimally for 100,000 gallons.
• Stage 3 & 4 – 20" KDF Media combined with granulated activated charcoal: KDF Media is a zinc/copper formulation that utilizes the principle of electrochemical oxidation reduction (more commonly known as the redox process or redox reaction) to eliminate bad tastes and odors, and water contaminants including lead, chlorine, heavy metals, silver, aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, copper, iron, nickel, zinc, chromium, barium, hydrogen sulfide, radon, selenium, mercury, trihalomethanes, algae, manganese, chloroform, trichloroethane, lindane, pesticides, fungi. This filter is rated for al least 100,000 gallons, or one year of normal use in a household of up to 4 people.
A filter wrench is also included for easy removal of the filter housings for filter changes.
• 12 Gallon Per Minute Germicidal Ultraviolet Sterilization System
• Extra 12 GPM Lamps (change annually)
• Calmat Electronic Water Softening System – ideal for cottages with hard water
OPUS recommends all water/plumbing products be installed by professionals. Be sure to flush the filters in the proper order before hooking up and using the whole system.